This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

VPN ISSUES ON PORT 3671
I have problems with n°2 LM installed on the same LAN.

The currently installed firmware version is the 20230420.

The two lLM can be reached in LAN both on port tcp 80 and on udp 3671 for connection in ETS.

the problem arises with the VPN connection: port 3671 is no longer reachable, port 80 still reachable.

the customer's network manager assures me that there is no restriction and it should be possible to connect: in fact, on the same network there is a KNX IP-ROUTER that uses the same port and does not present difficulties in connecting.

What could be the cause of this problem, present on both LMs?

Also, I wanted to point out that often the connection in Zerotier is unstable. Maybe since we updated the signature.

Thank you for your support

Peppe
What are the IPs of the LMs?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
10.0.6.3 and 10.0.6.30
What is your IP when you connect over VPN? If it's not from a private A/B/C network then the connection to KNX/IP port will be blocked.
Resolved! I had 100.10.10.241 IP address.

once changed everything works.

Thank you

Peppe
Hi,

We noticed blocking gate 3671 just now cause now we still had stock of previous LM's.

With new firmware LM is reachable by webserver but impossible to reach using ETS6 software.
We have a closed company network. Our LM's are connected to our private company network.
To reach company network we already use VPN connection Cisco Anyconnect software.

How can we make connection using ETS6 software?
I think installing a second VPN software (Zerotier) will cause problems.

Thanks
Gr.
Geert
What IP address range are you using on LM and PC?
Hi,

LM range is always 172.16.xx.xxx (private subnet only reachable within company network and from this private subnet there is no internet connection)
PC/laptop is 157.193.xx.xxx (company network)

From extern network we use VPN Cisco anyconnect to be on 157.193.xx.xxx

Thanks
Gr.
Geert
Hi,

Could you please add to the networking config section of the LM, a new configuration option to customize the IP range allowed for remote VPN connections? There will always be some occasions when installers are unable to change their VPN configuration to comply. This new option would make it easier for everyone.

Thanks
Roger