This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with Wiser an Enocean USB stick
Hello,

i have a problem using an Enocean-USB-Stick in combiantion with Wiser.
For the used USB-Stick, please see the photo attached.
The Wiser version used at the customer site is HW 2.0 with Firmware 2.3.0.
There are Enocean switches for lights and blinds installed, which are working quite well with the Enocean-Stick.

The problem is, that after several days (sometimes after two weeks, sometimes after three weeks etc.) there is no more reaction on wiser,
when the Enocean switches are pressed and i have to restart wiser via the System-Menue.

I tryed to disconnect and reconnect the Enocean-Stick on the USB-Connector, but this is not the solution, i have to restart wiser
(one time even this was not enough an i had to disconnect the supply-voltage to make a hard restart).
When there is no more funktion from the Enocean-Switches on wiser, i can still see the LED-lights flashing on the USB-Stick for receiving an
Enocean-telegramm when pressing an Enocean-switch, which tells me, that the stick still seems to work fine, but Wiser does not longer process
the data from the stick.

Does anyone else have such a problem or does anyone else know how to fix it?

When it can not be fixed it would be helpful to create a button for the customer on his visualisation to make an restart of wiser
(without going in the configuration menue of wiser).
Is there any script which can be triggert by a button on the visualisation forcing wiser to restart?

Tanks and kind regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
This command will reboot the controller.  You can make an event script or a scheduled script and run it once a while.  Just be careful not to make infinite reboot loop.

Code:
os.execute("reboot")
Do you have sufficient power for the wiser?

BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,

and thanks for the command to reboot.

What concerns the power, there is the second outlet of the KNX-Power-Supply used and there are only a few KNX-devices connected.
So the power should be enough.
How long is the USB extension cable? When this issue happens again check system log (in system config) and error log for any messages.
The USB extension cable is only about 20cm (the Enocean stick itself has an external antenne on an 2m cable).
What concerns the system log, there are several error messages referring to scripts which are triggert from the enocean.
But i will post them in my other thread, where i received the text for the scripts:

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=1776

Alarm message and Fault message logs are empty.
The question was for System Logs. Go to System->Status->System log. Paste all what you see there.
What power does this USB stick with 2m antenna needs?
Ctrl+F5
I will post the System log, when the fault happens again.

What concerns the needed power of the USB stick, i cant find a data sheet which shows that.
The only way would be to measure the power by using a mondified USB cable.
If this is essential for futhermore analysis, please tell me and i will do so and will try to find out its power consumption.

But the stick seems to work fine (it shows its LEDs flashing when traffic appears), even when the malfunction happens.
Would there be "too much" power consuption, would ist be possible that wiser works fine for several days and then
quits working together with the USB stick even when thisone is still supplyed with power and seems to work?
To be honest I'm just guessing. anything can happen when you are on an edge. Let's wait for your log but I would add dedicated PSU for W4k and not KNX psu in this case. Just to be sure this is not that problem.
Ctrl+F5