This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Bacnet Server
Hello

So the following problem is as follows. 

I click on the GA that i want to export to bacnet. And read the via Yabe and other Bacnet browsers like SIEMENS bacnet browser.

So far so good. 

Then i import the bacnet point into 3 party software like SIEMENS Xworks CFC. 
i copy the bacnet point to an AI BLOCK  and paste it in. 
Then i get an communication error from the bacnet point. Some of them show the correct temperature, but shortly show communication error. 
Corresponding to the bacnet standard. 

Then i set the polling time to a minute or something for example. Then the Rlb pin change from Reliability to "Target object unknown". 
Also this corresponding to bacnet standard. 

I then change the Cov from 1 to 0.1 to see if this triggers more action. But still same error. 

Then i change the Group adresss to read value every 60 seconds. And read on startup(guess this dont make any change) This seems to set the block in the third party correct as it shows the correct value and nothing is a problem. 

Seems to be working fine, but do people have this big of a deal exporting GA to bacnet. Or is it something that i am doing wrong.?
Hi,

I guess you restarted the controller as you mentioned ‘read during startup’

I don’t think that enabling that parameter had anything to do with your issue...

Restarting is causing the priority array to be cleared and i think your issue is that you wrote a value in the array at a higher level then the default 16.

If you write any value at a higer prio in the array then this value is overruling the values comming from the GA.

What is the default prio in your 3th party software? I see some manufacturers using 10 as default.

Try to change a value from the client side, and check if it sets the value in the prio array at a higher level then 16.

BR,

Erwin
(05.04.2019, 05:32)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

I guess you restarted the controller as you mentioned ‘read during startup’

I don’t think that enabling that parameter had anything to do with your issue...

Restarting is causing the priority array to be cleared and i think your issue is that you wrote a value in the array at a higher level then the default 16.

If you write any value at a higer prio in the array then this value is overruling the values comming from the GA.

What is the default prio in your 3th party software? I see some manufacturers using 10 as default.

Try to change a value from the client side, and check if it sets the value in the prio array at a higher level then 16.

BR,

Erwin

Thanks for answer, Erwin.

I am only using AI block to show temperature. So i only link the Ai block to the bacnet adress of the Lm. I guess this block dont have priority.

On the logic machine i only click the export frame. And use yabe to get the adress. 
Did not do any restarting. I just clicked the "read on startup" just in case. And set polling time on the GA in the Objects list. 
You see from attached pic that the block goes into "Target object unknown" before it goes back to normal. 
On the bottom it has the value, then goes into alarm because the object returns unknown. 

Have been doing integrations from knx/bacnet using this program before but have not tried using the Lm before. So have not seen this behaviour. 
Tried using the bacnet client, with no success. Guess this only supports BAC0. On this site we use Bac2.

You cannot use both client and server on the same device unless server uses another port (not BAC0).
(05.04.2019, 09:19)admin Wrote: You cannot use both client and server on the same device unless server uses another port (not BAC0).

Yes, i know. Can anyhow remove the client on this LM. Cause we only have Bac2 here.
Hi

This is the status flag property of the bacnetobject. 
Do you have the option to ignore the stats flag in you scada/plc or does this behavior cause some error in your config?
I have not used that siemens device.

Check out this thread: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...net+status

The reason for this behavior are explained on page 2 in this thread. 

Eirik
(05.04.2019, 18:46)eirik Wrote: Hi

This is the status flag property of the bacnetobject. 
Do you have the option to ignore the stats flag in you scada/plc or does this behavior cause some error in your config?
I have not used that siemens device.

Check out this thread: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...net+status

The reason for this behavior are explained on page 2 in this thread. 

Eirik

It's related to software from Siemens Xworks.. Cfc. So I guess the possibility is there. Will check this out. It's gives an alarm to the scada system every time the value goes missing. 

We have been using an Siemens pxc.001 for Knx integrations, and was thinking about using the Lm for the same. But after testing just 5 points I need to resolve this before taking this any bigger. So far not impressed. 

Thanks for reply Eirik.
Stilll experiencing issues reading from the LM5. Seems that when i get the "Target object missing" on my AI block the Bacnet browser get the error on the read request as well. 

Then after some time it goes back to normal.

It almost seems to be an communication problem with the LM5. But i really have no clue.

So i am really hoping for some help Smile
This is strange as I never seen such thing on any other client. Did you try COV instead of pooling?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Can you run WireShark together with YABE and provide a packet dump when you get read errors?
(09.04.2019, 08:29)admin Wrote: Can you run WireShark together with YABE and provide a packet dump when you get read errors?

Can attach an file dump in a bit.

The telegrams in Wireshark is mostly greek to me. But i see when the Yabe get the error the UDP listing in Wireshark comes in blue. Multiple listings. Only like this when bacnet point missing respond. Will log a little bit and attach a wireshark file. 

Attached wireshark log

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1aslh330uqork...xRula?dl=0
Can you send a backup of your project via PM?
(09.04.2019, 08:21)Daniel. Wrote: This is strange as I never seen such thing on any other client.  Did you try COV instead of pooling?

Yes, the AI is set to COV normally. But then the block returns with an configuration error when no communication is there. 
When i set the block to poll it is way better, but when missing it returns the message "Target object missing" instead of "Configuration error"

Thanks for the backup. Try disabling BACnet resident script. The client scan is probably interfering with server operation.
(09.04.2019, 10:33)admin Wrote: Thanks for the backup. Try disabling BACnet resident script. The client scan is probably interfering with server operation.

This seems to have been the problem. Now even COV works. 
Thanks alot for all the help..