This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Create vars at the Office before deploy at the plant
Hello,

I have one school already running, but now I have to add more 300 variables.

Is there any way to create those vars in the office and then go to to the plant to deploy them instead of doing one by one in the plant ?

Thank you
HI
Can you explain your question bit better please?
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
In case your "variables"are group addresses then I prepared it in Excel, imported to ETS, exported as ESF and imported into LM.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Those are not ETS variables.

Those 300 variables I want to add are virtual address variables that I have to map to modbus profiles that I have already created via json profile.

My problem is that I have to create them one by one at the plant... and I will spent a lot of time there.

My idea is to make that work at the office then go to the plant and deploy those new variables!
Use this https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...65#pid8265
Ctrl+F5
I have read that and I have to make a script to do that, but there are other virtual vars I want to create in a specific order.

So probably I could do that with a simple script like this:

db:update( 'objects', 'name_var_1' , '33/1/1' )
db:update( 'objects', 'name_var_2' , '33/1/2' )
db:update( 'objects', 'name_var_Xx' , '33/1/Xx' )

Which is the right syntax to do this for the db:update() call ?

Thank you
Isn't that what you are looking for?
http://openrb.com/docs/lua.htm#grp.create
Ctrl+F5
Yes, thank you.

I will do that way, it's much more simple !