This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Water gauges
Hello
Water gauges returns pulses only. I can send these pulses through KNX bus and count them in LM.
But how to do it correctly?
If I use GO  only then I can't do backup and restore for example.
If I store values on SD card after every pulse I'm in risk I will kill it quickly.

How do you solve this problem?
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Hi,

Writing to storage is not direct to SD so could not hurt the SD.

What i do in this case is use a KNX interface of Schneider MTN670802 and set it to impuls counter, it then counts the impulses internally and you can write the counted values over x period to the bus on a set interval.

In the controller i get random values like 30, 40, 35 depending on the number of counted pulses in the set period and i sum them to the old value, this way you don't need to process every puls on the controller but you do it in batches.

BR,

Erwin
(19.07.2019, 11:51)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Writing to storage is not direct to SD so could not hurt the SD.

What i do in this case is use a KNX interface of Schneider MTN670802 and set it to impuls counter, it then counts the impulses internally and you can write the counted values over x period to the bus on a set interval.

In the controller i get random values like 30, 40, 35 depending on the number of counted pulses in the set period and i sum them to the old value, this way you don't need to process every puls on the controller but you do it in batches.

BR,

Erwin
But still you need a storage for the counter. Do you store it on SD card?
Because both options are wrong in sobe way
GO - backup and restore is impossible
SD - changing of SD is complicated

Some mix of both? I mean compare GO and SD and higher number wins seems to be a good choice.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Storage function will save your value in to Redis DB which runs in RAM. It saves everything to SD or SPI (depend of the hardware version) every half an hour like everything else.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5