This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

New LM auto sniffing thru network
(12.04.2019, 05:53)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

This is my personal opinion and not from the company, off course is Schneider Electric implementing security where posssible, also KNX secure. In my opinion is security on the IP side a must, but implementing it on the TP side does raise some question marks if you ask me, we already see a lot older projects where the programming is not available anymore due to a lot of reasons.

Reconstructing a dated site happens quite a few times, what do you think will happen when sites have knx secure?

I personally think we see a lot more sites where reconstruction is needed due to lost encryption details that only the original programmer has.Devices with KNX secure that lost encryption details cannot be unlocked and need to be restored by the manufacturer.

As i never seen any local TP hack, and don’t see any (financial) benefit for any hacker to spend time on it or to even try it, i have question marks if it’s worth all the risks of locked systems.

But again my personal view is that the risk of someone with a laptop in the toilet connectiong to the TP is so low that does not weight up to the risks and issues when encryption details are lost..

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,
all true, but to complicate the KNX programmers life, there's no need to bother with the encryption keys or other stuff, as long as manufacturers continue to use plug-ins for device programming and life becomes hell ;-)
Ok, now I'm OT
Thank you for your time and have a good day,
Marcello

Messages In This Thread
RE: New LM auto sniffing thru network - by ferrim - 12.04.2019, 07:15