This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ESF import
Hi

I have a problem with object names of the KNX adresses in Logic Machine. When importing ESF-file, some of the adresses gets discarded. If I do a Reset/Cleanup and import over again, it will be different objects that is discarded than last time.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(24.04.2019, 10:54)christian.troen@haaland.no Wrote: Hi

I have a problem with object names of the KNX adresses in Logic Machine. When importing ESF-file, some of the adresses gets discarded. If I do a Reset/Cleanup and import over again, it will be different objects that is discarded than last time.

You probably have "bus sniffer" active. LM reads some of the adresses from the bus before you import ESF.

BR
Kai-Roger

Deactivate this (see picture)
Delete the adresses in LM.
Do the import.
Reactivate bus sniffer (see picture)

It's altso better to import the whole KNX project file to this converter (Not ESF).

http://openrb.com/knxproj/
Remember to check off: "Include parent level names in object name" before converting.

And import as JSON in LM (The button on the right side off the ESF button)

You then get all names from the maingroup and middelgroup altso in the object names in the LM !
(24.04.2019, 10:57)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(24.04.2019, 10:54)christian.troen@haaland.no Wrote: Hi

You probably have "bus sniffer" active. LM reads some of the adresses from the bus before you import ESF.

BR
Kai-Roger

Deactivate this (see picture)
Delete the adresses in LM.
Do the import.
Reactivate bus sniffer (see picture)

It's altso better to import the whole KNX project file to this converter (Not ESF).

http://openrb.com/knxproj/
Remember to check off: "Include parent level names in object name" before converting.

And import as JSON in LM (The button on the right side off the ESF button)

You then get all names from the maingroup and middelgroup altso in the object names in the LM !

Hi

It worked perfect. Thanks.

This is also a building that is not complete, so in a few months it well be added many knx-adresses. Is the best way to import another updated JSON file? Will it overwrite changes we have done, example export of objects and will it change the BACnet instanceDB of every object?
We use Client mapping between objects, so if they change Instance number, everything will be out of order.
(24.04.2019, 11:44)christian.troen@haaland.no Wrote: Hi

This is also a building that is not complete, so in a few months it well be added many knx-adresses. Is the best way to import another updated JSON file? Will it overwrite changes we have done, example export of objects and will it change the BACnet instanceDB of every object?
We use Client mapping between objects, so if they change Instance number, everything will be out of order.

Good to hear.

The new import will not overwrite changes. The conflicted adresses will just get discarded. Before your next JSON import, you can deactivate the bus sniffer, and then "mass delete" all unnamed objects (if all object you have imported today has a name offcourse). This way you will clean out all new adresses that will be sniffed from now on.

Questions about Bacnet i can't answer. Maybe someone else can reply you on that.

BR
Kai-Roger
Object address is used for BACnet object IDs, so it will not change when objects are deleted/created again.
(24.04.2019, 11:57)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(24.04.2019, 11:44)christian.troen@haaland.no Wrote: Hi

Good to hear.

The new import will not overwrite changes. The conflicted adresses will just get discarded. Before your next JSON import, you can deactivate the bus sniffer, and then "mass delete" all unnamed objects (if all object you have imported today has a name offcourse). This way you will clean out all new adresses that will be sniffed from now on.

Questions about Bacnet i can't answer. Maybe someone else can reply you on that.

BR
Kai-Roger

Thank You

(24.04.2019, 12:03)admin Wrote: Object address is used for BACnet object IDs, so it will not change when objects are deleted/created again.

Good to know. Thanks
After some cleaning in names in Ets. Not original adresses, just names. If going extreme, could you do an mass delete of all the objects and then do a new import.
What will this do to excisting scripts, logs, trends etc?
Deleting an object does not delete anything else that references this object.
All the object parameters will be gone.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5