This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Output options on CanX devices
Hi.

I'm happy that the CanX devices communicate via Group Adresses with eachother even if the busconnector from the LM is disconnected (:
But with decentralised equipment, i'm used to having some options on the on/off outputs for the devices. Some of the things i miss on the CanX promotion kit are like:

Group Adress 1 bit to "Lock output". With these sub options:
   Behaviour at Locking
      - No change
      - On
      - Off
   Behavior at Unlocking
      - No change
      - On
      - Off
      - Last Value

I'm altso used to bistable relays, and the possibility to choose if the output should be On or Off during shutdown/Power failure (I think maybe this is achived by using capacitor to grant a dying wish for the relays). This is not something that can be implemented by software on products with monostable relays, but still a nice feature when available.

BR
Kai-Roger
Can you explain your use case for locking?

Power failure is not possible to implement since outputs are powered from the same +24V. If device detects a power failure then setting the output won't produce any result.
(23.04.2019, 08:35)admin Wrote: Can you explain your use case for locking?

Power failure is not possible to implement since outputs are powered from the same +24V. If device detects a power failure then setting the output won't produce any result.

Hi.

In KNX installation, i use locking mostely to be able to force the output to a state without having to rely on logic in a Master gateway (lock is for desentralised override possibility).
My best example must be for light control, but the possibilities are endless. Could be for security purposes altso, to have a master security switch that takes full controll over all outputs it's assigned to. Like a top priority switch.
For lighting in KNX installation, i use motion detectors to controll lights. If the customer wants the lights to be off, i set up a physical switch that controlls the "lights output lock". Then the motion detector control channel can continue beeing used for other purposes, like alarms etc.

For power failure on the CanX units with relays, i can hardwire like NC, so in that case it will be fine when power is lost. The advantage of bistable relays, is that there is only two connections on the relay, and the NO or NC operation is selected in the program.

BR
Kai-Roger