This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trends total
Hi
On the new lm5 power how many trends is it possible to add without stressing the product?
It is not a number as it depends of all trend parameters. When you create a trend you will see its size. I think there is limit of 21MB for all trends. If you use lower resolution you can have a lot of them. When you reach the limit you will have popup info.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
My LM2 reactor has 21 mb data for trends, Is this not updated in the later Versions??
older version had 30MB, 21 is the latest.
Ctrl+F5
Ok. So the new hardware has almost 30% less trend capacity compared to old hw on LM?
Is this the same on Spacelynk? Is the HW3 on SL released with 256 RAM?
(26.06.2019, 03:57)PassivPluss Wrote: Ok. So the new hardware has almost 30% less trend capacity compared to old hw on LM?
Is this the same on Spacelynk? Is the HW3 on SL released with 256 RAM?

yes.
Ctrl+F5
ok. I tested on a SL i have running,

If i use 30 minutes 180 days resolution and 1 year daily i get a log size of 71kb. Then i can run up to 295 trends(21000/71=295)

or i will use 10min, 30 days resolution, 2 years and get a log sixe of 40 kb. I can then have 525 trends?

I guess I in reality will have aprox 200-250 trends. And that will then be OK?
The system will let you do it, we never really tested so many. Probably CPU will go up with so many trends.
Ctrl+F5
(26.06.2019, 08:14)Daniel. Wrote: The system will let you do it, we never really tested so many. Probably CPU will go up with so many trends.

Ok. Is it possible for you to run a test on this so I know that it will work?
At home I use 100 trends (total mb of aprox 29mb) and that works fine on a LM2 reactor
If it work on LM2 then it will work on LM5 Power or the SL HW3.0 they are 6x more powerful.
Ctrl+F5
(26.06.2019, 08:24)Daniel. Wrote: If it work on LM2 then it will work on LM5 Power or the SL HW3.0 they are 6x more powerful.

Not fully true.. Depends also on FW as we build in the 50% memory usage restriction for trends later into the FW so in much older FW they could be using more space.

BR,

Erwin
(26.06.2019, 10:37)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote:
(26.06.2019, 08:24)Daniel. Wrote: If it work on LM2 then it will work on LM5 Power or the SL HW3.0 they are 6x more powerful.

Not fully true.. Depends also on FW as we build in the 50% memory usage restriction for trends later into the FW so in much older FW they could be using more space.

BR,

Erwin

The question was if CPU will handle if the memory rule is meet. It is not 50% as it is hard coded  to ~21MB due to SPI size.
Ctrl+F5