This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Schneider SL&HL no action Iphone bug
Hello,

I have a customer who recently has a bug in Touch/mosaic that suddendly appear (maybe after a IOS update) !

First we use HL with 2.3.0 firmware.

The bug occur on both Iphone of the husband and wife customer (iphone 6smax and IOS  12.3.1).

The bug look like the https issue with safari, but is not !

I tried with logic machine applestore software, with SE Wiser for knx, with SAFARI http direct access, and with Chrome also ! I clear SAFARI cache and restart Iphone !

the customer can access the Touch visualisation, go in a room, but when he click on a Light, no action !

For me, It work on a computer and with my personal Iphone (12.3.0 IOS), but not with their Iphone !

Any help appreciate !
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi,

If it works on your phone it must be a client side issue..

I run latest iOS and that works fine on FW 2.3.0 so we can rule that out..

Can you try changing the year on the iPhone to 2020 and reopen the visu, this forces the cache (that is hard to renew on iPhone when using homescreen shortcut) to refresh, then set the date back to 2019.

BR,

Erwin
(08.06.2019, 14:43)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

If it works on your phone it must be a client side issue..

I run latest iOS and that works fine on FW 2.3.0 so we can rule that out..

Can you try changing the year on the iPhone to 2020 and reopen the visu, this forces the cache (that is hard to renew on iPhone when using homescreen shortcut) to refresh, then set the date back to 2019.

BR,

Erwin

--If it works on your phone it must be a client side issue..
Don't think so, I tried on Chrome also, Wiser for knx Schneider app, and Logic machine app ! I clear cache from settings/safari/clear cache

I would like to have more than one idea before disturbing customer again (we test during 1h yesterday).
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi,

Can you give some more info:

1) Do you have forwarded ports and does the customer use browser or only W4K app?
2) Is the issue only remote or also local
3) When using Wiser for KNX app you use cloud platform without ports, do you have a forwarding port to test the remote access? Does that works?
4) Is there any client that works? You say your phone does work, in that case server side should not be the issue as all clients gets same server response. Do you use browser or app? Local or remote connection?
5) I still think i’ts a cache issue when the customer is using a browser combined with “add to homescreen” button.

BR,

Erwin
(09.06.2019, 08:21)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Can you give some more info:

1) Do you have forwarded ports and does the customer use browser or only W4K app?
Yes 80. We tried every solution, safari, add to homescreeen, Wiseerr for knx app, logic machine app, and chrome with local and remote test. Only windows computer work for the customer.

2) Is the issue only remote or also local
I do a test by WIFI (local) and disabling wifi with WAN IP adress (same behaviour for the customer)

3) When using Wiser for KNX app you use cloud platform without ports, do you have a forwarding port to test the remote access? Does that works?
I don't try with cloud (too much delay). I have the 80 port open.

4) Is there any client that works? You say your phone does work, in that case server side should not be the issue as all clients gets same server response. Do you use browser or app? Local or remote connection?
The customer computer work. I tried with my iphone by remote access (I'm not to the customer house) and it was working. The problem occur only on the two iphone of the customer.

5) I still think i’ts a cache issue when the customer is using a browser combined with “add to homescreen” button.
Should be strange, I did a clear cache from ios/setting/safari. I reboot the iphone. And tried with all possible access I have (SE wiser knx, chrome, safari, logic machien app) both wifi and remote (3G) acess !

BR,

Erwin
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi,

Clearing cache when using add to homescreen is a pita on iOS, clearing from safari settings is not sufficient please try as i already suggested the date change to force the refresh.

See for instance this article: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7879...e-screen-o

BR,

Erwin
Or just change W4K IP and everything will be fresh on client device.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Ok I could not have contact to the customer yet.
Keep in touch.

Thank you for helping !
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
The 2020 solution doesn't work neither.
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
When you test, do you test on wifi or mobile data?
Ctrl+F5
(13.06.2019, 07:45)Daniel. Wrote: When you test, do you test on wifi or mobile data?

Both
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
(13.06.2019, 08:04)domotiqa Wrote:
(13.06.2019, 07:45)Daniel. Wrote: When you test, do you test on wifi or mobile data?

Both

What iOS version? Does it work locally?
As I understood it is not working via port forward, I am right?
Ctrl+F5
iOS 12.3.1

Same localy or 4g with port forwarding.
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
(13.06.2019, 09:30)domotiqa Wrote: iOS 12.3.1

Same localy or 4g with port forwarding.

Does it work without port forward?
Ctrl+F5
I tested exactly the same setup with the same iOS and it is working fine for me.
Ctrl+F5
I ested only remotly with port 80 forwarded ! It work for me also on my Iphone same IOS.

I will go today check if you have any other suggestion
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
If you have a Mac then you can connect iPhone to Mac and view browser's error console. This will tell you the exact error.
See this for more info:
https://medium.com/@mattcroak718/debuggi...240657c487
I have a similar problem when using iPhone 8 and iPad Pro, when using http the ”free” configureable visu works but when using https i dosen't when i try to switch on a light no telegram is sent, only tried it on local network, another problem occurring is when using fullscreen (Add to homescreen) in iPhone 8 iOS 12.3.1 the screen stops and is white and dosen`t open the visu.

/p
iOS is blocking websocket connection when self signed certificate is used for HTTPS. There is nothing we can do.
Ctrl+F5
The 2020 trick worked ! Thank
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT