This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Homelynk modbus 1 byte unsigned integer
Hi,

I'm trying to control my heatpump with homelynk/wiser via modbus but I can't get it to work. All readable registers work, for example I can read temperatures and the error codes, but writing is a problem. Here's a piece of code from the profile I made for the heatpump where I try to reset the alarms. Manufacturer gave me the register and said it's 1 byte unsigned integer (reset alarm by setting value 1), but there's no modbus mapping for 8u.

{"name": "Alarm reset", "bus_datatype": 5, "type": "register", "address":45171, "writable": "true"},

Any ideas where to go from here?
You could try add modbus datatype and see if uint16 or int16 works.
If you have device connected I would try with script to see what happen when you send raw value.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I forgot to mention that I've already tried to add the modbus datatypes with no success. When I try to do the reset, modbus error log returns "write failed: illegal function".

Here's the manual for the modbus gateway of the heatpump:
https://www.nibe.fi/nibedocuments/14059/031725-5.pdf

Any examples for the script? I'm not familiar with those.
It use function 0x10 for writing to it, add
"write_multiple":"true"
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thanks, that did the trick.