This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Can gateways communicate with WiFi devices?
Hello.
Your gateway can receive Bluetooth signals and drive the gateway to connect Bluetooth devices on the web page by writing LUA script code. Finally, it can receive Bluetooth signals on the BLE interface and assign these signals to a group address.
So what I want to ask is whether your gateway can also receive a signal from a wifi, such as the model of this WiFi module is ESP8266. How do I drive the gateway to connect to the WiFi device and get the signal from it through the web interface of the gateway?
Older LM-Wall models had Wi-Fi support (only rtl8192cu chipset). Most installations should have a Wi-Fi router so there's no need to have this functionality in LM.
(10.05.2019, 12:11)admin Wrote: Older LM-Wall models had Wi-Fi support (only rtl8192cu chipset). Most installations should have a Wi-Fi router so there's no need to have this functionality in LM.

thank you!

(13.05.2019, 08:41)1114752670@qq.com Wrote:
(10.05.2019, 12:11)admin Wrote: Older LM-Wall models had Wi-Fi support (only rtl8192cu chipset). Most installations should have a Wi-Fi router so there's no need to have this functionality in LM.

thank you!

Can we connect WIFI router with sensor's WIFI module and send sensor's data to gateway in this way? If so, how exactly do they need to be driven?
You just need to know what protocol is used for data communication. If you have a custom device based on ESP8266 you can either send HTTP requests from it to LM (you can use built-in remote services on LM) or send data using UDP (you will need a resident script to handle incoming data).
(13.05.2019, 09:16)admin Wrote: You just need to know what protocol is used for data communication. If you have a custom device based on ESP8266 you can either send HTTP requests from it to LM (you can use built-in remote services on LM) or send data using UDP (you will need a resident script to handle incoming data).

Is there any reference material or code?It must not be easy for me to actually operate.
LM remote services: http://openrb.com/docs/remote-new.htm
LuaSocket UDP reference: http://w3.impa.br/~diego/software/luasocket/udp.html
(10.05.2019, 08:29)1114752670@qq.com Wrote: Hello.
Your gateway can receive Bluetooth signals and drive the gateway to connect Bluetooth devices on the web page by writing LUA script code. Finally, it can receive Bluetooth signals on the BLE interface and assign these signals to a group address.
So what I want to ask is whether your gateway can also receive a signal from a wifi, such as the model of this WiFi module is ESP8266. How do I drive the gateway to connect to the WiFi device and get the signal from it through the web interface of the gateway?

Hi!

I have a project in which I have to use the ESP8266 module for control some neopixels, moreover, my logic machine will be used for control it. 

Did you connect it? I'm starting to look some information and there isn't any clear.

Thanks!