This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Apps should be included in backup
Please add thing described in subject to the backup.
Done is better than perfect
Why would you want that?
Because normally backup of device is a full backup, it allows to fully and fast restore device state sometimes on another device. And recently I had such situation that I realized that after restore I don't have any app, and I had a few apps not from store. I knew how to restore them, but this was not as fast and easy as included in backup.

I agree that maybe apps which have some licence can be omited or its licence could be omited but generally apps should be in backup for me. Also because app version changing so your config which is in storage sometimes cannot work with newer version of app which is possible to install when you restoring your app.
Done is better than perfect