This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Find the last/ highest group address
Hi

I am using quite often a script to create virtual objects in projects. To make sure I am not overwriting an existing object I need to check the object list for the highest object address and use the next as start-address for the next creation.

My question is; is there an easy way to let the script find the highest used object address and then use teh next as address for the object to be created?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
You will automatically get next free group address if you don't specify group address in grp.create config table. Just add virtual = true to the config table.
Ah. Cool, will test that. Thx
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool