This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Backup spaceLynk and store to Fileshare
Hi

Regarding to https://openrb.com/e-mail-backup-file-on...th-from-lm there is a nice example how to do automatic backups.

I'm using a SpaceLynk HW 3.0. Can I use this script on the SpaceLynk 1:1 to do backups? 

Additional, I would like to store the backup-file on a networkshare (smb) instead of sending it as a Mail-Attachement. Is this possible - respectively Is there a nice example anywhere too? Smile

Thank you!
SMB is not supported, you can use FTP instead.
(31.07.2019, 07:11)admin Wrote: SMB is not supported, you can use FTP instead.

Ok, Thanks for your reply. So I follow the instructions in this tread, where backup and upload to ftp is described:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=396

This thread is from 2016. I'm wondering if the backup-process is still the same for spaceLynk HW3.0:

Code:
src = 'backup-' .. os.date('%Y.%m.%d_%H-%M') .. '.tar.gz'
dst = '/home/ftp/' .. src

os.execute('sh /lib/genohm-scada/web/general/backup.sh')
os.execute('cd /lib/genohm-scada/storage && tar -c -z -f ' .. dst .. ' ./')

....  upload to ftp ......

os.execute('cd /home/ftp && rm -rf backup_*')
os.execute('cd /lib/genohm-scada/storage && rm -rf user userlib.luas blockly.luas initscript.lua helpers.js genohm-scada.config filter*')

Can I still go with these backup-statements?
Backup is not HW related. In new firmware 2.4.0 there is option to backup additionally system part.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(31.07.2019, 11:46)Daniel. Wrote: Backup is not HW related.

Yes, of course. You're right. Actually I'm on FW 2.3.0. The new FW 2.4.0 will be installed soon Smile

(31.07.2019, 11:46)Daniel. Wrote: In new firmware 2.4.0 there is option to backup additionally system part.

Is there any documentation to do that on FW 2.4.0  by scripting in lua?
There is no point in automatic backup of system settings as they will not change. It is enough to do it once.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(31.07.2019, 12:36)Daniel. Wrote: There is no point in automatic backup of system settings as they will not change. It is enough to do it once.

Well, there are use cases:
Not only system-settings are backuped. Also modifications on my scripting, visualisation, etc. I'm a programmer and I do regulary modifications/updates on my scripts and system. So after mods, I have to make a backup. Sometimes i forget Dodgy  So automatic backup seems to be a great feature. I understand, that this  maybe is a "corner case". It has not to be on the Product-UI...