This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Visualization icon status
Hello,

in my visualization I have a simple button, that changes 1 byte (scale 0-100%) value of dim light. The button has a nice bulb-like icon. Is it possible so that when the value of said object is 0%, the bulb shows as OFF (icon of bulb not shining) and as soon as I turn the value to 1 or more the icon changes to active state (icon of bulb shining as if it was ON).

I feel like this is super simple but I can't figure it out. When I change the value to 1 or more right now, the icon stays off since I can only choose one default icon in visualization parameters. I had an idea of a resident script that checks if the light is set to 1 or more every let's say 5 seconds, if it is it simply turns on group address of some flag object, then I tried to link that flag object as status of the main 1 byte function but obviously I can't use 1 bit object as status of 1 byte object. Any ideas how can I accomplish this? Thank you in advance for any advice.
(06.09.2019, 19:01)Jayce Wrote: Hello,

in my visualization I have a simple button, that changes 1 byte (scale 0-100%) value of dim light. The button has a nice bulb-like icon. Is it possible so that when the value of said object is 0%, the bulb shows as OFF (icon of bulb not shining) and as soon as I turn the value to 1 or more the icon changes to active state (icon of bulb shining as if it was ON).

I feel like this is super simple but I can't figure it out. When I change the value to 1 or more right now, the icon stays off since I can only choose one default icon in visualization parameters. I had an idea of a resident script that checks if the light is set to 1 or more every let's say 5 seconds, if it is it simply turns on group address of some flag object, then I tried to link that flag object as status of the main 1 byte function but obviously I can't use 1 bit object as status of 1 byte object. Any ideas how can I accomplish this? Thank you in advance for any advice.
I guess i understand what you mean. Just add additional icons. And add on value and off value.
If it is wrong i guess brighter guys will answer later.

Haven't noticed that at all. That indeed answered my question, thank you very much!
Glad to be of some help. Offen i am only asking questions. Smile