This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Restarting a device in same network using SSH
Hello,

I have a situation where I can not access a device in a network anymore and I need to restart it. The client lives pretty far and I need to restart the device because otherwise he's visualisation won't work so I need to do this ASAP from a remote connection. I think I can do it via SSH, but how should I do it? Maybe there is a way to send SSH commands via LM? 

Thank You.
It's possible to send SSH commands from LM but for that you would need a key-based authentication to work on the other device, password-based auth won't work. Another solution is to add a relay to physically restart the device.

Can you explain what kind of device is this? Does the web server there stop working or something? If so you can create a monitoring script to check if device is running or not.