This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Z-wave roadmap
What is the roadmap for z-wave app?

Still many bugs like setting descriptions that disappear after reboot

Thanks
important! +1
Any reason why questions about the Z-Wave app is always being ignored?
I'm considering moving the z-wave part of my installation over to z-wave-mqtt, or something else, that get maintained. Every time a question is asked about Z-wave on this forum, it gets totally ignored. I would argue that the current support for Z-wave on LogicMachine now is in such a bad state, that it would be better if you removed it entirely, and didn't market it at all. At least give us a hint about what is going on.
Hi,

From my side it’s ignored because Schneider is not focusing on Z-Wave, We don’t produce Z-Wave products for home automation. We will focus on Wiser Home that is based on Zigbee (much more mature protocol).

So sorry i can’t say anything about the current status or answer your question ..

BR,

Erwin
When there is no answer, that means there is nothing new to add.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(03.11.2019, 22:55)fiLLLip Wrote: I'm considering moving the z-wave part of my installation over to z-wave-mqtt, or something else, that get maintained. Every time a question is asked about Z-wave on this forum, it gets totally ignored. I would argue that the current support for Z-wave on LogicMachine now is in such a bad state, that it would be better if you removed it entirely, and didn't market it at all. At least give us a hint about what is going on.

Hi.

As a "temporary" solution, i have used "Homeseer HS3" purely as a gateway between Zwave and KNX for some years now. It's stable. I don't have many Zwave nodes, but i feel like this solution is the best that is available on the market for now. Homeseer HS3 is well known for beeing among the top Zwave softwares out there. I have the "Hometroller SEL" minipc, but there is altso a cheeper "Hometroller Zee" (Raspberry Pi). If you don't have a lot of Zwave nodes, the "Hometroller Zee" might work for you as a gateway.

BR
Kai-Roger
(04.11.2019, 22:26)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(03.11.2019, 22:55)fiLLLip Wrote: I'm considering moving the z-wave part of my installation over to z-wave-mqtt, or something else, that get maintained. Every time a question is asked about Z-wave on this forum, it gets totally ignored. I would argue that the current support for Z-wave on LogicMachine now is in such a bad state, that it would be better if you removed it entirely, and didn't market it at all. At least give us a hint about what is going on.

Hi.

As a "temporary" solution, i have used "Homeseer HS3" purely as a gateway between Zwave and KNX for some years now. It's stable. I don't have many Zwave nodes, but i feel like this solution is the best that is available on the market for now. Homeseer HS3 is well known for beeing among the top Zwave softwares out there. I have the "Hometroller SEL" minipc, but there is altso a cheeper "Hometroller Zee" (Raspberry Pi). If you don't have a lot of Zwave nodes, the "Hometroller Zee" might work for you as a gateway.

BR
Kai-Roger

Inspired by your solution, I opted for a solution combined of Zwave2MQTT (https://github.com/OpenZWave/Zwave2Mqtt) and NodeRED. I do the mapping between KNX and MQTT in NodeRED. Now the lights (Fibaro Dimmer 2) respond instantly instead of the normal several second wait time, and sometimes not responding. Very happy with this, but it shouldn't be neccessary.
for not or badly supported protocole (Zwave, ikea ,..) I use Jeedom as a getway (with a KNX free plugin)
(04.11.2019, 06:35)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

From my side it’s ignored because Schneider is not focusing on Z-Wave, We don’t produce Z-Wave products for home automation. We will focus on Wiser Home that is based on Zigbee (much more mature protocol).

So sorry i can’t say anything about the current status or answer your question ..

BR,

Erwin
Hello Erwin.
I got a zigbee dongle from Schneider to test with the ComX.
Will this dongle be usable on LM or SpaceLynk for zigbee any time soon, what do you think?
No we use different.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

No, i think that HW4 will have onboard Zigbee, i have seen that next HW version is 4TE width instead of 3TE width so it makes sense to have it onboard, but i have not seen any details yet so it's a guess.. I have tested the TI dongle from ComX and managed to link to a SE8300 but it's far from easy. Let's wait for the exact details as Zigbee support is on the roadmap (:

BR,

Erwin
(06.11.2019, 20:16)Hi!This looks interesting, can you have a walkthrough on how to do this?fiLLLip Wrote:

Hi.

BR
Kai-Roger

Inspired by your solution, I opted for a solution combined of Zwave2MQTT (https://github.com/OpenZWave/Zwave2Mqtt) and NodeRED. I do the mapping between KNX and MQTT in NodeRED. Now the lights (Fibaro Dimmer 2) respond instantly instead of the normal several second wait time, and sometimes not responding. Very happy with this, but it shouldn't be neccessary.
(13.04.2020, 12:32)Bobby Wrote:
(06.11.2019, 20:16)Hi!This looks interesting, can you have a walkthrough on how to do this?fiLLLip Wrote:

Hi.

BR
Kai-Roger

I have a RaspberryPi that I installed Raspbian on, then added a docker container following https://github.com/OpenZWave/Zwave2Mqtt#docker-tada-way

After this, I installed NodeRed also using Docker https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/docker 

Inside NodeRed, I installed a couple of palettes, namely the node-red-contrib-knx.

Then there is simply a manual mapping between ZWave and KNX, sending data from KNX to ZWave. 

A sub part for my flow, mapping from KNX addresses to ZWave, specifically Fibaro Dimmer 2.

Code:
[{"id":"820063d7.256d8","type":"knx-in","z":"f8ea88bc.15e648","name":"","controller":"806e4eb3.125fb","x":190,"y":660,"wires":[["4c10fe46.85664"]]},{"id":"4c10fe46.85664","type":"function","z":"f8ea88bc.15e648","name":"Mapping from KNX to Zwave","func":"switch(msg.payload.dstgad) {\n    case '9/4/4':\n        msg.zwaveid = '12';\n        break;\n    case '8/4/4':\n        msg.zwaveid = '6';\n        break;\n    case '4/1/1':\n        msg.zwaveid = '4';\n        break;\n    case '4/1/2':\n        msg.zwaveid = '5';\n        break;\n}\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":400,"y":660,"wires":[["7474dcbc.1effe4"]]},{"id":"7474dcbc.1effe4","type":"switch","z":"f8ea88bc.15e648","name":"","property":"zwaveid","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"nnull"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":610,"y":660,"wires":[["998a5bfd.2b7e28"]]},{"id":"39af515b.a53ece","type":"mqtt out","z":"f8ea88bc.15e648","name":"","topic":"","qos":"","retain":"","broker":"bf7c555a.21e798","x":1030,"y":660,"wires":[]},{"id":"998a5bfd.2b7e28","type":"function","z":"f8ea88bc.15e648","name":"Prepare data for Zwave","func":"msg.topic = 'zwave/' + msg.zwaveid + '/38/1/0/set';\nmsg.payload = msg.payload.value;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":820,"y":660,"wires":[["39af515b.a53ece"]]},{"id":"806e4eb3.125fb","type":"knx-controller","z":"","name":"logicmachine","host":"192.168.12.158","port":"3671","mode":"tunnel/unicast"},{"id":"bf7c555a.21e798","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"NodeRed","broker":"localhost","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":true,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":""}]