This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

edit trend value
Hello,

I have a customer who's got one strange value in a trend (very high).

How can I edit this value ?

Is see in backup files called T1.trend...
but can't edit it. Before I just had to change bad value in it, but now looks like it a special codage.

Can you help me ?
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi
Let me guess, you are using counter trend. If counter is used and value is smaller then previous then such strange high value will happen. You should use counter with negative delta which allow negative values in calculation.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Can you upload backup somewhere and send link via PM? I'll see what can be done.
(08.11.2018, 14:41)admin Wrote: Can you upload backup somewhere and send link via PM? I'll see what can be done.

the site is not connected to internet ! I will have to make it when I will be there !

You don't have procedure for that ? Before I just edited these files, now the format is unknow !

MAybe it was with pspad, I use notepad+ now !
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Trend format has not been changed from day 1. It uses RRD as a storage engine.
I try rrdtool dump xxx.rrd > xxxx.xml
rrdtool restore --force-overwrite xxx.xml xxx.rrd

Why not using during backup the conversion to xml. Would be easyer to change value in backup files!
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
XML uses too much space and restore procedure is not very fast.
hello,
I am having a bad recording with counter as well. Is there some easy way to edit a data point in trends (to repair the data)?
thanks!