This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Secure Communication for GRMS
I've already opened a thread about secure communication for modbus. As I understand it, it's not possibleĀ for the Logic Machine now.

Secure Modbus Implementation (logicmachine.net)

Do you have any suggestions for other protocols compatible with Logic Machines and easy to integrate with KNX, similar to Modbus? It must be secure by default.

I'm exploring the best option for GRMS industry.

Your advice is much appreciated.
What are you trying to integrate? If you want secure communication the MQTT would be best.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(22.04.2024, 09:00)Daniel Wrote: What are you trying to integrate? If you want secure communication the MQTT would be best.

I need to poll occupancy status, temperature information, and room status information every 2-3 seconds.
I should also be able to set room settings (light, temperature, blinds etc.) from the Logic machine instantly.
Modbus is easy to implement with registers. MQTT, on the other hand, seems a bit complex to implement.

Is BACnet feasible?
Bacnet is same as modbus. Why don't you use KNX data secure?
We are planning to make BACnet SC but this would be for server and can't tell when it will be available.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Another option is to use HTTP: https://kb.logicmachine.net/misc/remote/#examples
But as Daniel said, MQTT is the best approach because it does not require constant polling.

For BACnet secure you also need another device that acts as a communication hub, we don't plan to support direct connection option in BACnet secure.