This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DeConz USB Zigbee controller
Hi,

In any scenario you need a medium to translate to Zigbee, either a dongle or the official HUE bridge is a weakspot in the middle, i would always use the official bridge as it proved itself to be stable, with any dongle and needed self build software i can’t see any benefits..

Another benefit of using the bridge is that you still can use the HUE app in parallel.

In my opinion there is one downside on the bridge and that is that you need to poll for changes and always have a small delay on the status feedback.

We did a project with a lot of RGB and XY HUE lamps, 24 bridges and 12 Wiser for KNX, KNX motion sensors and even several Enocean switches on MPM’s with BACnet to KNX via a Automation Server to control all the HUE lamps and still running without any issue, so why not use the bridge? (:

BR,

Erwin

Messages In This Thread
DeConz USB Zigbee controller - by Kai-Roger - 29.12.2019, 14:21
RE: DeConz USB Zigbee controller - by Erwin van der Zwart - 29.12.2019, 18:51