This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DeConz USB Zigbee controller
Yes you could say that there should be an arrow between the LM and USB dongle, but in my head i visualise it different (:

The home network of our clients is somwhere i don't want to be. If can do the programming via a mobile router, and the just "switch" the cable over to the client's router after i am done, then i fell more comfortable.
If i can strip away everything that's communicating over IP, and the home's basic functions (like lights) continue working as intended, then i sleep better at night (:

The costs i'm talking about is if i have to establish an own secondary network for increased stability. Some of the client's private routers is cheap and unpractical.

Yes i totaly agree that it is practical to place the Hue hub central in the house, and have the possibility to connect several to one LM. Although the Conbee stick is spesified to handle 200 Zigbee units, and that will be plenty for our projects.

Is it possible to attach a usb network-card to the LM, and then use static IP on the LM and the Hue Bridge for a dedicated separate network?

Messages In This Thread
DeConz USB Zigbee controller - by Kai-Roger - 29.12.2019, 14:21
RE: DeConz USB Zigbee controller - by Kai-Roger - 29.12.2019, 22:35