This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Find and Replace script
Hi

I am trying to create a script that can find a certain text inside the object name and replace it with another string. This is so I do not need to do this manually every time there is a large change.

For normal GA I would just use the update from ESF-file solution, but I often have a lot of virtual addresses as well, and they also must be updated.

I am able to find the adresses to update, and to generate the new name, but for some reason I am not able to update the name of the object. If anyone has an idea of why, please give me a hint.

The code I have entered is as follows;
Code:
finn = '360.001'
replace = '360.002'
kriterie = '08-0'

liste = db:getall('SELECT name FROM objects WHERE name LIKE "%'.. kriterie .. '%" AND name LIKE "%'.. finn .. '%"')

--
for _, name in ipairs(liste) do
  navn = name.name
  --log(navn)
  if string.find(navn, finn, 1, true) == nil then
    log('fikk nil')
  else
    log('fant strengen')
    newName = string.gsub(navn, finn, replace)
    log(navn, newName)
    ga = grp.find(navn)
    --db:update('objects', { name = newName }, { id = id })
    --log(ga)
    address = grp.create({
        address = ga.address,
        name = newName,
      })
  end

end
log('Ferdig')

script.disable(_SCRIPTNAME)

I am sorry for Norwegian names in variables, but that makes it more easy to prevent using a word that has a LUA-meaning....
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
Use direct db queries (db:update), there's no point in grp.create here. Don't forget to add `id` to SELECT fields.
If you only need to match beginning of the name you can omit the first %. You can also use one LIKE statement instead of two.
(10.01.2020, 12:48)admin Wrote: Use direct db queries (db:update), there's no point in grp.create here. Don't forget to add `id` to SELECT fields.
If you only need to match beginning of the name you can omit the first %. You can also use one LIKE statement instead of two.

I am not sure how to phrase the update in the SQL statement. How do I state what should be replaced with what?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
After gsub in your code:
Code:
db:update('objects', { name = newName }, { id = name.id })
(10.01.2020, 13:35)admin Wrote: After gsub in your code:
Code:
Great, now this is working!

But then there is a nother problem. In many projects there has been the use of special Norwegian characters. If I want to find and replace that it doesn't seem to work.

Example, I have a name; string: 08-09 UTE persienner vest lysniv�
And I want to replace lysniv� with lysnivaa. This part is not really working, even though the log states that the string has been founs, but the replacement string is the exact same.

Is this maybe something that we are not able to fix?
You can fix encoding of your ESF here: https://openrb.com/convert/
(10.01.2020, 14:06)admin Wrote: You can fix encoding of your ESF here: https://openrb.com/convert/
Yea, but as I recall, that one does not work with large files. 
It is not a big thing, we are normally not using the special characters, but sometimes they are there.. :-)

For anyone that might need the same function, Here is the working code, a little cleaned up:
Code:
finn = 'Text to find'
replace = 'Text to add'
kriterie = 'Filter criteria'

liste = db:getall('SELECT name, id FROM objects WHERE name LIKE "%'.. kriterie .. '%"')

for _, name in ipairs(liste) do
  navn = name.name
  newName = string.gsub(navn, finn, replace)
  log(navn, newName)
end
log('FINISHED')

script.disable(_SCRIPTNAME)