This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5p-PMC KNX Choke
Hi,

I have some question regarding the KNX choke on the LM5p-PMC:

1. What happens if there is a short circuit on the KNX bus? Does the KNX bus automatic starts up again after the short circuit is removed or does it need any further assistance?

2. Is there an overload protection built in?  is it possible to adjust this accordingly to the 24V DC PS mA size?

3. Is there an overvoltage protection built in?

4. In the manual it says that “Choke for up to 16 KNX device powering and with voltage/current monitoring max 320mA current” but I have read on the forum that it is possible to have even bigger load on it. What is the correct maximum mA? And recommended mA?

The reason I ask Is that later this year my company is doing an installation on a building with around 8 KNX Lines, and I have an idea that I could replace the KNX PS and KNX IP router with an LM5p-PMC. But I do not want to do anything that is not recommended.

Do you have any advice on this type of installation?

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi Even!
1. It will start automatically
2. Current protection is approximately 1A
3. Voltage protection is 33V
4. Recommended current is 500 mA max
(15.01.2020, 11:44)edgars Wrote: Hi Even!
1. It will start automatically
2. Current protection is approximately 1A
3. Voltage protection is 33V
4. Recommended current is 500 mA max

Hi Edgars,

Thanks for the Reply!  Smile

4. if i need to have more than 500mA on my lines, do you recommend using the Embedded Systems KNX Choke? or a traditional KNX PS ?
Do you have any information on the ES KNX Choke to share? Smile

BR Even Sundgot.
sent in email Wink
(16.01.2020, 10:55)edgars Wrote: sent in email Wink

Thanks Edgars! Smile