This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM as KNX Router
Hi,

Later this year my company is planning an installation with around 8 KNX lines.
But I have had some bad experience with different types of KNX Routers lately, and got the idea of using LM instead, since LM is extremely stable! 

Since I have never used LM as a router in this scale before, I wanted to get some pointers and tips on pros vs cons.

So, my question is:
1. what is the downside to using LM as router vs an ETS programmable router?   

2. is there an easy way to deal with filters? Import function? Typical when I use Ip as backbone, i set TP -> IP as no filter. But IP -> TP I use filter to limit the bus traffic.

3. When adding a new GA to ETS, is there a way to update all 8 LM at the same time so all the LM have the correct GA list? Or do I need to do this one by one?

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi
1. To download to device in the line you have to select dedicated LM on this line in ETS. Manual upload of filter table.
2. You can add in ETS a IP router in place where LM is going to be and then you can read the filters from ETS. Right click on the router and there is command for that. This you can copy and paste in LM where the filters are.
3. This has to be done one by one.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(15.01.2020, 08:29)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
1. To download to device in the line you have to select dedicated LM on this line in ETS. Manual upload of filter table.
2. You can add in ETS a IP router in place where LM is going to be and then you can read the filters from ETS. Right click on the router and there is command for that. This you can copy and paste in LM where the filters are.
3. This has to be done one by one.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the Reply!  Smile

2. Where do i paste the list i copy from ETS in LM?
3. But what function does import from neighbor have then? 

BR Even Sundgot.
2. DST group policy
3. You can import objects from one LM to another. To do so you first have to export them and enable Remote services
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5