This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Bacnet Scan doesnt find any bacnet server
Hi:
When I try to scan devices using BACnet client application, it doesnt find any bacnet server, even when there is an logicmachine as bacnet server.
That happend when i update my logicmachine with a new firmware (lm5m3-20191015.img).
May be some bug in that firmware?, if I update to firmware (lm5m3-20180828), now IT WORKS.
May be this last firmware, is having problem with the Whois command in bacnet?
I have tested this in several devices and always happen.
best regards
You cannot run both BACnet client and server on the same device and on the same port. Disable server before running scan.
(17.01.2020, 13:43)admin Wrote: You cannot run both BACnet client and server on the same device and on the same port. Disable server before running scan.

I have two logic Machine, one as bacnet server, and the other one as bacnet client. The LM as bacnet server works very well, it serves data to other devices. The problem is with the LM as Client bacnet, when I try to discover the LM as bacnet server (using BACnet Client app) it doesnt find it. But it just  happen just with the last firmware, when I back to firmware (lm5m3-20180828), the  BACnet Client app then start discover LM as servers. Any suggestion..

LM as server:
Server enabled: true
port: 47808
Object priority: 16
"1/1/5" testobject: object property Export selected

LM as client:
server enabled: false
port: 47808
Object priority: 16
App installed: BACnet client

best regards
Try this firmware: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-20-imx6/lm5m3-20200116.img
(20.01.2020, 12:01)admin Wrote: Try this firmware: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-20-imx6/lm5m3-20200116.img

Hello admin:

yes, yes.... I have tested it, .. at first,  it works very well, thank you very much...

best regards..
Hi!

I had the same issue! I could not combine these two functionalities in the new firmware.

When I roll back to an older firmware every thing works fine.

I had just try the new firmware and everything is working fine again!

Thanks to the team!!
Hi, im testing bacnet client now and i get the error "Cannot run scan while local BACnet server is running on the same port" even though server is off.

I got the newest firmware, but im not sure if i understand the client description correctly.

It says that it can find servers and you can map maximum 50 and thats fine. My servers got 1476 active objects, but i only need a few. Is this too much for the LM to be able to "find" it in the client? Or is there a bug in the client software?

When i use an external bacnet software it finds everything and maps it out in seconds.

[Image: 62tiFOT.jpg]
It will most likely not find this amount of objects. You can still use the 'none app' bacnet version and map by script when you know the objects parameters.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(09.07.2020, 08:49)Daniel. Wrote: It will most likely not find this amount of objects. You can still use the 'none app' bacnet version and map by script when you know the objects parameters.

Okey, thank you Smile