This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

write object remotely
Hello everybody,
I would like to know if there is a way to write object to logic machine through e mail. So i want from logic machine to receive mail????
I dont know if this is possible,
Thank you in advance
What is the use case for that? You can use remote services (HTTP) but this will require port forwarding and is less secure. Best approach is to use MQTT.
(31.01.2020, 09:33)admin Wrote: What is the use case for that? You can use remote services (HTTP) but this will require port forwarding and is less secure. Best approach is to use MQTT.
Thank you for your response
I have a script in my logic machine which sends me a mail with the current temperature when my server room temperature is bigger than 25 degrees Celsius or some other conditions. The case is that i want to trigger that script whenever i want to know the temperature of server room. The other way is to see my visualization but i want this trigger not only for me but for other colleagues whose have no access in visualization.
thanks
If you use Mosaic then you can have as many cloud users you want. All of them will be able to login if you gave them permission.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

There are a lot of ways to do this, you can use cloud app with users like Daniel suggested, you can use remote services, you can use MQTT, and many other approaches, but i think i would use SMS for this, add a dongle, add the phonenumbers who are allowed to send SMS to the device and make a handler on a received string.

So sending a SMS with text "Get temp serverroom" will result in a SMS response "I't's now 25 Degrees"

BR,

Erwin
Or you send a specific group address using the remote protocol to the controller that triggers a script that will send you the information you like by email, rss feed or push notification.