This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM ambient radon sensor
A customer asked me for a sensor to detect radon gas.

Is anyone aware of anything that can be connected to LM Ambient or otherwise that is in KNX bus?

Thanks

Peppe
Since 0-10V is not possible with Ambient you can use a sensor with RS232 or RS485 connection. You will also need a RS232/RS485-USB adapter.
I don't understand, sorry. I have to put the RS232/RS485-USB adapter into the usb port on LM? Or What? And then how I can receive the values by the sensor?
Yes, adapter is plugged into LM USB port. Data format depends on the sensor. There are also sensors with Ethernet which can publish data via MQTT: https://smipconnect.com/shop/radon-sensor/ You will have to install additional packages to run MQTT server on LM.