This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SD or CF card lifetime
All LMs are shipped with industrial-grade cards. The expected lifetime is many years.
If LM only had an on-board flash then it would not be possible to repair the device if storage failed.
I have a Schneider HomeLynk, V3.1.
I haven't opened it, but I assume in have onboard flash and no card?
All devices have a micro SD card. Some have an additional on-board flash for database/trends. The OS is stored on the micro SD.
My SD card failed after 8years of continous operation.

The card was not completely broken so I could recover the database. 

I have a number of units in operation with similar age, probably a good idea to do some service and change the cards on all units 5+y old? Or was this a one-time fluke? 
It had a blue samsung 8GB card installed.
It is good idea to replace them, new cards are much better but the one like yours will fail most likely at some point.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5