This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SD or CF card lifetime
What is the SD or CF card lifetime in LMs? How Can I prepare for fast exchange this card? How Can I extend its lifetime?
We expect the card to work for at least 10 years. LM is optimized to minimize the amount of writes, most frequently used files are stored or cached in RAM. You can make a full disk image to quickly restore it, but you will have to open the enclosure and remove the card from the device. Or you can use backup and a restore image, but then you won't have some configuration files like network config etc.
(01.04.2016, 15:40)admin Wrote: We expect the card to work for at least 10 years. LM is optimized to minimize the amount of writes, most frequently used files are stored or cached in RAM. You can make a full disk image to quickly restore it, but you will have to open the enclosure and remove the card from the device. Or you can use backup and a restore image, but then you won't have some configuration files like network config etc.

Very good and helpfull answer. For me it is very important to give this information to client because when there will be some problems because of card will crash client will know this and will know that there is nothing very bad but only rare maintenance. ThanksWink
(04.04.2016, 07:48)buuuudzik Wrote:
(01.04.2016, 15:40)admin Wrote: We expect the card to work for at least 10 years. LM is optimized to minimize the amount of writes, most frequently used files are stored or cached in RAM. You can make a full disk image to quickly restore it, but you will have to open the enclosure and remove the card from the device. Or you can use backup and a restore image, but then you won't have some configuration files like network config etc.

Very good and helpfull answer. For me it is very important to give this information to client because when there will be some problems because of card will crash client will know this and will know that there is nothing very bad but only rare maintenance. ThanksWink

The "Backup and restore image" functionality, is this the standard "backup / Restore" buttons visible under the "Utilities" root? (Schneider Wiser)
This is Exporting a file called "Project-WiserKNX-2020.01.05-19.09.tar.gz"  With filesize at 279kb?  is this the full image/backup file?
Schneider Wiser (homeLynk), Power Tags, DALI, Multitouch Pro, Panasonic Heating pump, Flexit balansed ventilation, HUE integration, Lemus Speaker system. Tibber integration.
This is the full project backup yes, It does not contain the System part. This can be backed up separately under System
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(01.04.2016, 12:23)buuuudzik Wrote: What is the SD or CF card lifetime in LMs? How Can I prepare for fast exchange this card? How Can I extend its lifetime?

Unfortunately on one of my LM SD card died today after four years.

So it can happen.
Hello,

I also got fucked with the spaceLYnk v1.2 SD card. Did anyone have an image downloaded? The hardware version is the one with the button below with the mcimx280 processor that I can't find any information.

Can i replace it with logic machine and if i can use exactly what i tried both usbit files, but it doesn't start at all.

Thanks,
Try this image: https://dl.openrb.com/recovery-mxs-1g.img.gz
(13.03.2020, 07:25)admin Wrote: Try this image: https://dl.openrb.com/recovery-mxs-1g.img.gz
Many THANKS for both the file and the quick reply! It works, just to ask my sd was 4gb the file writes 1g does it matter?
This image is for 1GB and larger cards.
(13.03.2020, 08:07)admin Wrote: This image is for 1GB and larger cards.
Great! Thank you so much!

Just one more question, what is the normal loading time pro spaceLYnk, since after a restart it charges me 3-4
minutes until homLYnk takes seconds?
this is crazy long it should be between 15-30 sec. The only case when it could take so long is when on new fw old project from very old FW is restored as then during boot all trends will be converted to new format but this happens only once.
Ctrl+F5
(13.03.2020, 08:34)Daniel. Wrote: this is crazy long it should be between 15-30 sec. The only case when it could take so long is when on new fw old project from very old FW is restored as then during boot all trends will be converted to new format but this happens only once.
With the third SD card, the problem is solved, although both are class 10, apparently its new is defective.

Thanks again for the quick and effective help!
Hello, 

Does anyone have image files for LM5 M4 aswell?
https://openrb.com/firmwares/
Scroll to the bottom. They are universal, you just need to know CPU.
Ctrl+F5
(27.10.2021, 11:42)Daniel Wrote: https://openrb.com/firmwares/
Scroll to the bottom. They are universal, you just need to know CPU.

Thank you for you replay. 

I have installed the image file and the FW LM5M4 20211014 and recovery-mxs-1g.img.gz to the SD-card with USBIT. 

But when I put it into the LM5 and power it up, there is no light into the device. Is there anything Im doing wrong trying to make it word with a new SD card? The LM5 was working fine one hour ago, but it will not work together with the enw SD card. 

The ond SD card got some memory damage, and its tolate for me to run a backup as I restored it before I read in the guide taht I should take a backup of it. 
I have a backup from the settings in the LM5 if I get it to work again.
After Loading recovery image there is no light. Just go to 192.168.10 and upload correct image. I assume you used new card, not the damaged one?
Ctrl+F5
(27.10.2021, 12:21)Daniel Wrote: After Loading recovery image there is no light. Just go to 192.168.10 and upload correct image.  I assume you used new card, not the damaged one?

I used a new card yes.

Now its back up running. 

Thank you for your help.
(13.03.2020, 07:25)admin Wrote: Try this image: https://dl.openrb.com/recovery-mxs-1g.img.gz

Thanks so much! With this image I could get my spacelynk up and running again
What's the expected lifetime of the cards in newer LM's, i remember reading somewere you were going to eliminate this "issue" `?

Best regards, Jørn.