This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

How to configure the "RTU2" port for RS485
Hi,  Smile need your advice.

How to configure RTU2 port for RS485 (for Modbus RTU, half-duplex)?

I'm using LM5 Lite. 

I've comfigured RTU1 port - all working fine:
RTU (serial) enabled: Yes
Port: "/dev/RS485-1

And my settings for RTU2 (that is not working Huh ) :
RTU (serial) enabled: Yes
Port: "/dev/RS485-2" (this field was empty and i pasted  "/dev/RS485-2" manually) 

/dev/RS485-2 is correct. Make sure that you don't have any other script/plugin using this port. Keep in mind that RS232 is shared with RS485-2 so it cannot be used simultaneously.
(30.04.2020, 04:20)admin Wrote: /dev/RS485-2 is correct. Make sure that you don't have any other script/plugin using this port. Keep in mind that RS232 is shared with RS485-2 so it cannot be used simultaneously.
Thank you, working!

Oh Undecided , I noticed that if you enabling RTU2 for Modbus over RS485 my TCP/IP devices (also modbus) lost communication. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

My configuration:
TCP/IP: 2 devices (Modbus TCP/IP, port 502)
RTU1:    8 devices (Modbus RTU, 9600bps)
RTU2:    1 device   (Modbus RTU, 115200bps)

PS: TCP/IP + RTU1 working fine.
What happen if you reboot LM?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(01.05.2020, 09:30)Daniel. Wrote: What happen if you reboot LM?
I haven't tried it. I 've just taken logic off.  When I get to the apartment - I'll try Smile .
(01.05.2020, 09:39)Oleg Wrote:
(01.05.2020, 09:30)Daniel. Wrote: What happen if you reboot LM?
I haven't tried it. I 've just taken logic off.  When I get to the apartment - I'll try Smile .
After reboot LM all communications are working correctly. Thank you!