This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Z-wave or Zigbee advice for Wiser?
Hi. 
I have a Schneider Wiser Logic module which gives me great world of possibillties which is great.  All my KNX Components, weather station, AC and more is Integrated and is working quite well I would say. 

I see there are a great bunch of new wireless and interesting products released on the Z-wave and Zigbee communication plattforms. For me now; - especially the wireless sensors for doors & windows, water detectors, maybe fire alarms, light and air quality sensors and some power measurment / controling socket devices etc.    

1. Is one better than the other of these two? Stabillity / Range / Price / number of Product range using the plattform.

2. What is the best way to integrate this to my Wiser / Logic Machine setup? 
    Z-wave/Zigbee USB dongle, Homey With KNX module or other solution?

3. Is there a list of recommended / supported dongles?  Any of them With an external antenna to give better range?

4. How will these Components be visible in my Logic Machine and is it straight forward to integrate them to my Wiser/Logic machine and update via Group addresses like other KNX Components? (Sorry, I have not searched the forum for this yet)

Thank you for Your advice.
Schneider Wiser (homeLynk), Power Tags, DALI, Multitouch Pro, Panasonic Heating pump, Flexit balansed ventilation, HUE integration, Lemus Speaker system. Tibber integration.
Will keep waiting with the same questions))
I was using Z-Wave dongle directly with the LM. I have since turned away from this and added a raspberry pi to my network running zwave2mqtt, nodered and deconz (for zigbee) in docker. All integration between LM and Zwave/Zigbee is done with NodeRED using the KNX (for LM communication), MQTT (for zwave) and Deconz (for zigbee) palettes in NodeRED. This has provided me with a MUCH more stable and faster integration, which also receives updates.
Hello, I have an lm5 reactor, the zwave application does not work, I have already restarted several times and it still does not work in ezlo pend drive, it is very difficult to see logic as a gateway for other protocols from knx
Paste what you see in System logs under System Status.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(05.10.2020, 09:24)Daniel Wrote: Paste what you see in System logs under System Status.

Just received the Zwave dongle, but can't find the App. From previous experiences - I guess that the Wiser does not support Zwave dongle in the current firmware? 
Any chance of getting the Zwave support on the wiser? 
Thanx
Schneider Wiser (homeLynk), Power Tags, DALI, Multitouch Pro, Panasonic Heating pump, Flexit balansed ventilation, HUE integration, Lemus Speaker system. Tibber integration.
Z-Wave app is not developed and supported anymore.
ZigBee is available as a beta version for LM but you need a specific dongle for it to work.
(28.12.2021, 08:36)admin Wrote: Z-Wave app is not developed and supported anymore.
ZigBee is available as a beta version for LM but you need a specific dongle for it to work.

Copy that Sir. 
Do you have a make and model or link to the supported dongle?
SE is going to sell correct dongle in some months, probably April.
Ctrl+F5
(28.12.2021, 11:44)stemic01 Wrote:
(28.12.2021, 08:36)admin Wrote: Z-Wave app is not developed and supported anymore.

Copy that Sir. 

Hello,
I use a CC2531 USB Stick with the Wiser for KNX and it works with the Zigbee.ipk.

Best regards,
Markus

Attached Files
.ipk   zigbee-20211116.ipk (Size: 134.99 KB / Downloads: 35)
(02.01.2022, 11:31)Muetzli Wrote:
(28.12.2021, 11:44)stemic01 Wrote:

Copy that Sir. 

Hello,
I use a CC2531 USB Stick with the Wiser for KNX and it works with the Zigbee.ipk.

Best regards,
Markus

Hello

How can i add zigbee device to the Wiser?
Can you specify witch dongle i need?

Kind Regards!
You need our Zigbee RS232 interface first.
Ctrl+F5
A standard CC2531 USB Stick is not supported?
I got the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle PLus.
When i connect the device to the wiser, the device is recognized as USB serial device.
We support only our interface.
Ctrl+F5
I bought the zigbee USB from LogicMachine for my Wiser a couple of years ago. Its bee working OK for the things I have connected - except the door lock has not been ideal. Is there a newer than the 2021 app available for download? (Not available in the Wiser Appstore)