This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Send delta?
Hi!

When using the analog inputs on LM3, or with 1-wire sensors, the send delta cannot be lower than 1. Is iit possible to change this? 

I want my inputs to show the actual value on them, not what they "think" is the right value. Delta value "1" is 10% on 0-10V input, so it's not usable if you have a -35..35C 0-10V sensor, or 0-10V analog feedback on it.

br, Z
Thanks for the suggestion, we've already implemented this in new firmware. Minimum delta for voltage inputs will be 0.1, 0.2 for 1-wire devices.
I'm running version 20160116 (bottom left in the configurator) and the minimum is 1. Latest I've found here is from the end of 2015.

The 0.1 would be great for analog inputs too. That's where I need it the most. Generally speaking, the "standard" dead-zone is usually 0.5, but implemented only after the conversion.
Let's take the -35..+35C 0-10V sensor as example:
1C=0.1428V
In current situation "delta 1"=1V / 0.1428 = 7C
While if you implement the "delta 1" after the conversion it would be 0.1428V or 1C

br, Z
This feature will be available in new FW that's coming very soon. 0.1 is the minimum delta for analog/voltage inputs which applies to raw voltage value that's read from the input. Resistive inputs (if present) have resolution of 1ohm, so minimum delta value is 1.
This is my first "reactor" type device with physical inputs. And after the 1-wire refused to go lower than 1 I just assumed the analog in is the same, didn't tried writing in values.
Sorry for that!

br, Z