This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Dali supports 128 Dali balls.But not connect to 128 Balls
Hi everybody !
I have a little problem, want to ask people before putting into use. I see Logicmachine's Dali supports 128 Dali balls. But in the catalog, I just see people recommend not to exceed 32 Dali balls. So I can not use full 128 Dali balls, but the actual capacity is only 50% only?
Thank so much ! Everyone!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Each DALI line supports up to 64 ballasts. It's possible to connect more but you won't be able to address them because only 64 short addresses are available. In some cases this is fine if you just need to control all ballasts at once using broadcast messages.
Another thing to consider is power supply wattage and how much each ballast consumes. The signal might degrade to a point where communication stops working if the line is overloaded.
Thanks admin!
I understand every 1 line supports 64 balls. But the catalog only recommends using no more than 32 balls. So why is that? can i use max 64 balls? (Ideally, the power supplied to the Dali source should be sufficient)
Smile
32 is recommended because of possible bus overload with 64 ballasts. But in general 64 should work.