This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Options button Mosaic 2
Hi

I choose the option button in Mosaic. And set the values options 1-4. With values 500-600-700-800.
But when loaded and i try to use the mosaic, the value returned is everytime 400. It could be a smaller value, since lowest setpoint in the thermostat is 400.

What am i doing wrong. 

.pdf   Co2 set.pdf (Size: 13.04 KB / Downloads: 21)
Feadback in this case is not needed when you use the same object.
Check what value you have in your object as this only display corresponding value
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Checked now in objects log. Button sends 1-2-3-4 instead of the choices 500-600-700-800. 
Therefore the value returns 400 which is minimum in the thermostat..
This is correct: left side (before |) is value, right side is display text. You need this instead:
Code:
500 | 500
600 | 600
700 | 700
800 | 800
If you want the value to send 500.600... then you have to do it other way around. This is simple enumeration.
500 | 1
600 | 2

If you want to display 500 and send 500 then do it like 500 | 500 ...
It goes back to minimum as you send them 1,2,3,4 so thermostat is sending minimum value back.
Ctrl+F5
Fixed it in the value, which of course was wrong. 
But when choosing 600 and 800 both send this value as setpoint. 
When sending 700, value shown in objects value is 699.52 and then the value is not shown as the chosen one in option button. 
500 also shown as 499.84. Why is this.?
This is a problem of KNX floating objects. With higher values they do this. KNX org screw this as they assumet this will be used only for temp. The only work around is to use an integer object for this control and then you will have to convert it via script to floating object if you need this format on thermostat..
Ctrl+F5
Learn a bit everyday  Cool

Yes its a setpoint for Co2 so the setpoint is rather high. Then i know why. Will check the FBeditor if i can find a simple converter there. 

Thanks.-
Just do it with event script like that
Code:
grp.write('1/1/1', event.getvalue())
Ctrl+F5
Feeling a bit stupid. But whats the correct way to put it. Just adding this to the group adress in object viewer as an event scrtipt didnt do the trick.
So what is the correct way?
Create a virtual object, set data type to 2 bytes unsigned. Attach an event script to this object. Change 1/1/1 in the script to 2 bytes floating point object address that controls CO2 setpoint.
Ok, tried it. Writing to the virual adress updates the float adress, but result stays the same?
With 700 output is 699.52.  

.pdf   Integer.pdf (Size: 74.74 KB / Downloads: 5)
On your widget you have to use the virtual object.
Ctrl+F5
Yes, but used the set value directly from "Objects" Pane.

May be that i misunderstood. The value now shows in the widget, and that was originally the end target.
I was waiting for the float value to return to 700, but maybe that was never the intention.?
You will not fix floating object, this trick is only to correctly display values on visu.
Do you have feadback object which you want to use in visu too?
Ctrl+F5
Daniel it works now like intended. No problem. I got a bit looked on the thought of fixing the Float value. But now the value shows in the "Option button" in the widget, and that was the end goal all along.

Thanks for help.
You can't "fix" 16-bit floating point value because this data type does not have enough precision for larger numbers