This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

How to read a flood sensor. What type is recommanded
Hello,

Please let me know how I can received the flood sensor value. It's possible to integrate a food sensor that is operate at 12V with CAN-UI8 by using Analog inputs and set a VHigh to 12V? It's other better solution (dry contact) or flood sensor that I can use? 

Thank you!
Sorry for late reply. CANx UIO8 does not have a configurable midpoint for analog input in binary mode. Predefined midpoint is around 12V so there's no guarantee that 12V signal will work correctly.
The easiest approach is to use a sensor with relay output. Then you can connect +24V and UIO8 input to the relay and use binary input mode.
If the sensor has an open drain output you can also connect to UIO8 but this will require adding an external pull-up resistor (~10 kilohm) between the input and +24V. Or you can use UI10 input module and connect open drain output directly to it.