This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM disappear from Networks
Hello,

I have installed an LM5 lite (i.MX6) with the latest firmware update 2020 07 03

The problem I have is that after 1 or two hours the LM stops working, it runs out of network access and I have to restart it again.

I have seen that the last alert messages are related to a failure to download weather data from Apix and weather Forecast, I do not know if it is related to this script.

I just disabled it to see.

All my functions are event based, except:

Two resident functions to write the time and date on the KNX bus, and to send me an email when an IP change occurs.

I have the Apixy weather Forecast script as a schedule function and it runs every 45 minutes.

How can I know why the LM hangs?

Thank you.
Check if you can still restart LM by pressing the on-board reset button when LM cannot be reached via network. Also check if green LED is still blinking or not.
The green LED is blinking when de LM cannot be reached via networks.

I will do the button test on the next visit of the technician.
What might be wrong if the green led is not blinking? (Just to know)

BR,

Erwin
Probably a hardware issue. LEDs are controlled by software, so if green led is blinking and the button is working then the device is alive.
(22.07.2020, 13:17)admin Wrote: Probably a hardware issue. LEDs are controlled by software, so if green led is blinking and the button is working then the device is alive.
I have disabled the Apixy weather Forecast script and the problem persists, the LM runs out of network access.

How can I find out the problem?
I've already mentioned what to check first. If the CPU is running but Ethernet connection is not working this might be either a hardware fault on LM side or an issue with cable/switch/router. When this happens and device is till running try re-plugging Ethernet cable and see if there is LED activity on the Ethernet port.
(22.07.2020, 15:05)admin Wrote: I've already mentioned what to check first. If the CPU is running but Ethernet connection is not working this might be either a hardware fault on LM side or an issue with cable/switch/router. When this happens and device is till running try re-plugging Ethernet cable and see if there is LED activity on the Ethernet port.
Okay. This Friday I will go to the facility to see what happens.

This morning we did the test of disconnecting the network cable from the LM and reconnecting it, but the problem was not resolved.

The LEDs on the LM are on and flashing.

The LEDs for the ethernet connection are also on.

We have not tried to press the reset button.

The internet connection if we have tested it and it works correctly.

When it loses the network, we turn it off and on again and the LM works again, but if we see the Trends graphs, no information appears at the time the LM is hung. So I think it is not just a network problem, I think the LM is completely hanging because otherwise, the Trends charts would continue with data.

I will try to make a backup and on Friday we will take another LM5 lite.

The LM is installed next to a DIN rail power supply, could it be a temperature problem ?.
(22.07.2020, 15:05)admin Wrote: I've already mentioned what to check first. If the CPU is running but Ethernet connection is not working this might be either a hardware fault on LM side or an issue with cable/switch/router. When this happens and device is till running try re-plugging Ethernet cable and see if there is LED activity on the Ethernet port.
Finally, the problem is not the LM.

The problem is with the client's router.

Thank you very much for your support.