This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Alexa and Temperature KNX Sensor
Hello, I am integrating Alexa into LM.

For now everything is working correctly, but I can't get alexa to tell me the temperature of a KNX sensor.

The skill I have configured in the LM is "Temperature".

How should I configure the LM so that Alexa tells me the KNX Sensor temperature?

Thank you
This isn't working anymore. It used to work and then amazon has changed something somewhere but support is not able to tell us where and what Sad
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(31.07.2020, 11:27)Daniel. Wrote: This isn't working anymore. It used to work and then amazon has changed something somewhere but support is not able to tell us where and what Sad

What a shame.

And the state of the set temperature?

That is, I can tell Alexa to set the room temperature to 25º, but can I ask what temperature is the room thermostat set to?
Hello, it is to confirm if this problem still continues or if a solution already exists.

I am able to make alexa increase or decrease the temperature of my room, but it is impossible to send a set point and tell me the status of the real temperature.
You can control setpoint by saying Alexa, Set 'Thermostat name' temperature to XX. No feedback.
Ctrl+F5
(07.09.2020, 08:10)Daniel. Wrote: You can control setpoint by saying Alexa, Set 'Thermostat name' temperature to XX.  No feedback.
Thanks Daniel, using those words he listens to me.

Anyway, I can't get him to tell me the real temperature of the room. Is this possible?
As I mentioned, feedback is not working
Ctrl+F5
(07.09.2020, 16:04)Daniel. Wrote: As I mentioned, feedback is not working

The "Setpoint" works correctly for me.

What is not working for me is the "Skill" Temperature.

If I ask, "Alexa, what is the room temperature?" She does not respond to me.

But the setpoint, if it works for me.

I configure the temperature skill as follows:

Skill: Temperature

Address: KNX group name of the temperature sensor.

Address status: KNX group name of the temperature sensor.

Scale: CELSIUS

In the two address options I put the same KNX group because in KNX the temperature is written in a single group, not in two.

Maybe instead of putting the skill setpoint on one device and the temperature skill on another device, should I put both skills on the same device?

Thank you.
It should be same device but feedback will not work anyway.
Ctrl+F5
(08.09.2020, 13:15)Daniel. Wrote: It should be same device but feedback will not work anyway.

Amazon does not give you support on what is the problem?
No they don't, It used to work and one day they have changed something and it stopped.
Ctrl+F5
(08.09.2020, 14:23)Daniel. Wrote: No they don't, It used to work and one day they have changed something and it stopped.

Amazing that amazon does that.

With that attitude from Amazon it is difficult to develop something for Alexa.

Thanks Daniel.
Hi,

I thing the problem is Alexa skill of logic machine because i´ve tried it with voice control of ABB and it works perfectly.

I ask Voice Control "What is the temperature of XXX and it answer me correctly.

Voice Control:
https://new.abb.com/products/2CKA006136A...l-150-gang

Thanks
Hi,

I have a customer who needs to ask the temperature.

Nothing new?

Thanks
Nothing, we are finishing our new cloud remote.logicmachine.net and once this will be done we will release google voice and then will also port alexa on new cloud. While doing this we will give another go to check all this and update alexa. It will take some time to get all this finish.
Ctrl+F5
(11.11.2020, 10:16)Daniel. Wrote: Nothing, we are finishing our new cloud remote.logicmachine.net and once this will be done we will release google voice and then will also port alexa on new cloud. While doing this we will give another go to check all this and update alexa. It will take some time to get all this finish.

Ok Thanks!
Hi All, We made some changes to the Alexa, can you test if feadback is working for you. Please report any issue
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

my existing Thermostat wont work anymore. Just an error Message " there is an Problem " and a Red point on the Device in Alexa app.

Same with a new Device. I used Thermostat target setpoint and selectet Ceslsius. After the Device was found in the Alexa app there was a Second where it tryes to connect to openrb.com, then it says the same error and the Device has an red dot.
(28.03.2021, 09:30)Sral1987 Wrote: Hi,

my existing Thermostat wont work anymore. Just an error Message " there is an Problem " and a Red point on the Device in Alexa app.

Same with a new Device. I used Thermostat target setpoint and selectet Ceslsius. After the Device was found in the Alexa app there was a Second where it tryes to connect to openrb.com, then it says the same error and the Device has an red dot.

Did you try to discover again?
Ctrl+F5
Yes, same Problem