This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ekey finger scanner not detected
Hello,

I just tried wiring a brand new ekey finger scanner to my LM4 but it is not detected. I followed the instructions provided on the website, tried both ways for the RS-485 cables and all 3 RS-485 ports, but nothing detected in LM4 ("error: no modules found" in Logs tab), and the scanner led keeps blinking amber.

The exact scanner I'm using is ekey home FS IN 2.0 T BT (ref 101483).

When I press the "Rescan/Search" button in the "Scanners" tab, it says "Not implemented yet".

Do you have any idea what is going wrong ?
Hello,

we are already working on finding the issue/solution with integration of latest Ekey scanners when they are detected but not working properly.

In this case it is strange they are not detected at all. Please try the following:
- if its LM4, please make sure that you use 2nd RS-485.
- scanners normally appear after LM is rebooted.
- make sure that second RS-485 is not taken by any other peripheral like Modbus or DALI.
It is a LM4 and I did start by the second RS485, I switched A and B lines, with a reboot between each try. It is only after that I tried the other ports with no more success.

Of course, I did check the wiring several times.

Concerning DALI, I am with the default LM configuration (from blank) so I assume nothing is active (I could not see anything in the tab), and some Modbus devices are configured but on port 3.
would that be possible to ship us the scanner you are trying to use so we can adjust it on LM-side?
(14.04.2016, 20:41)Arlequin Wrote: Hello,

I just tried wiring a brand new ekey finger scanner to my LM4 but it is not detected. I followed the instructions provided on the website, tried both ways for the RS-485 cables and all 3 RS-485 ports, but nothing detected in LM4 ("error: no modules found" in Logs tab), and the scanner led keeps blinking amber.

The exact scanner I'm using is ekey home FS IN 2.0 T BT (ref 101483).

When I press the "Rescan/Search" button in the "Scanners" tab, it says "Not implemented yet".

Do you have any idea what is going wrong ?

The LM work only with an "ekey module" type scanners (ekey home or ekey net scanners are not supported!)!
Hello, could You, please, help me with ekey integration?
I would like to use LM4, and 2 integra type scanners + 1 module, integrated into mobotix.
So, will LM4 support this module? (101 310 ekey home FS OM I, integration)
And which type of integra module should I order, could You provide the product code, you used in your example (http://openrb.com/ekey-biometric-scanner...n-with-lm/)

Thank You!
(13.09.2016, 06:30)LKBA Wrote: Hello, could You, please, help me with ekey integration?
I would like to use LM4, and 2 integra type scanners + 1 module, integrated into mobotix.
So, will LM4 support this module? (101 310 ekey home FS OM I, integration)
And which type of integra module should I order, could You provide the product code, you used in your example (http://openrb.com/ekey-biometric-scanner...n-with-lm/)

Thank You!

Looking forward for this answer too...

@LKBA, how are you planning to integrate the mobotix doorphone with the LM?