This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

CANx based meter counter
Hello.
I have an electric meter (ETI DEC-3) that has pulses output. It outputs one pulse each 1.25 watts measured. What is a way to handle these pulses, count them and make a trend from this data?
Impulse counter is not yet implemented in CANx devices. We will add it later.
Wow! Great news! I hope CANx-UIO16 will support this feature. When do you plan to implement it?

BTW. Answering in other my thread (about open collector inputs) I had renewed my knowledge about VALSENA-DIN32 modbus module. One of input modes supported (according reference manual) is impulses counter. First I need to learn manual on electric meter to find out exact impulses specification (open collector, dry contact) and DIN32 to learn does impulses counter is available and how to program this mode.
I'll report about results, but in any case impulses counter is a very useful feature for CANx modules, IMHO.
UIO16 will support impulse counter mode but I can't give an exact time frame on when it will be implemented at the moment.
Well. It is better late than never.
VALSENA-DIN32 count pulses. Main problem was to tune input pin properties: debounce time was too big by default. But finally it works. Actually VALSENA has communication problem but I'll open other thread about it.
We have a preliminary firmware for UIO8/16 with pulse counter input. It's not fully tested but if you want to try then it can be provided.
Thank you. For now I have solution. So I can to wait until this feature will be released officially.
Or you want me to be a beta tester?
Hello.
Are any news about pulses counter implementation? For CANx-UIO16 and/or CANx-UI10 devices.
It has been implemented for UIO8 and UIO16 some time ago. No plans to implement it for UI10 though.
You need to reflash your device, see this guide: https://kb.logicmachine.net/canx/stm32/
Use the latest V4 version.