This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus Goodwe
(24.10.2023, 09:57)Amelie Wrote: Thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much!

But, I still have some question:
  • The register 35137 seems to be the sum of the solar panels and the power to the battery. I suppose the register 35171 is the one the battery. But which register does I have to call to have only the power of the solar panels?
  • Now, when the battery is discharging, is goes to an SOC of 5%. I want to avoid it, because on a raining day, instantaneous total power to the grid is high (together with the consumption of the house at that moment) and in Belgium some cost are bases on the peak values. So, I want to stop the discharging at 10%. I was trying to change the register 47351, but nothing happens. I was looking for the comparable BMS register, but I didn't find it. To which register, I have to write to top discharging at 10%?
    (since in the manual there is written: set the SOC level to start/stop battery force charge. (this is not the command from BMS, but the protection on inverter side. Eg. StartchgSOC (47531) is set as 5%, but the battery BMS gives a force charge signal at SOC 6%, then battery will start force charge at 6% SOC; if BMS does not send force charge command at 5% SOC, then battery will still start force charge at 5% SOC. )
You are welcome!

I don't have access to that system any more and backup is not the latest unfortunately but if I remember correctly, solar panel values was calculated. I didn't found that on registers.
Registers what I used to calculate solar power is marked on picture. If you need, I have similar calculation done for SolarEdge system. Let me know, I can share the code.

With SOC I struggled as well. But I don't remember if I got that limit working before client started to modify his solar and backup system...
I'm going to add information what I have. Maybe it helps, maybe not.
It discharged down to 5% as well. Then I made script what checks battery % and writes 8 into 47511 if battery SOC is <10% + hysteresis. That gonna put battery into standby. 
Maybe you can also set charge/discharge power to 0. Then it should also hold battery percentage.

Adding picture where you can see that if EMS Power Mode is 8 then solar gonna still charge battery but discharging is not happening. It gonna hold that 100%

You may also want to check register 47000. 
Another model manual but I think inverter uses same logic - page 10
https://en.goodwe.com/Ftp/EN/Downloads/U...ual-EN.pdf

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(24.10.2023, 19:57)fleeceable Wrote: You are welcome!

I don't have access to that system any more and backup is not the latest unfortunately but if I remember correctly, solar panel values was calculated. I didn't found that on registers.
Registers what I used to calculate solar power is marked on picture. If you need, I have similar calculation done for SolarEdge system. Let me know, I can share the code.

With SOC I struggled as well. But I don't remember if I got that limit working before client started to modify his solar and backup system...
I'm going to add information what I have. Maybe it helps, maybe not.
It discharged down to 5% as well. Then I made script what checks battery % and writes 8 into 47511 if battery SOC is <10% + hysteresis. That gonna put battery into standby. 
Maybe you can also set charge/discharge power to 0. Then it should also hold battery percentage.

Adding picture where you can see that if EMS Power Mode is 8 then solar gonna still charge battery but discharging is not happening. It gonna hold that 100%

You may also want to check register 47000. 
Another model manual but I think inverter uses same logic - page 10
https://en.goodwe.com/Ftp/EN/Downloads/U...ual-EN.pdf

Concerning, the charging and recharging of the battery, I send my question to the R&D Departement of Goodwe. If get a useful answer, I will post it so that everyone can use it.

But, I'm not fully understanding how you calculate the energy flows. So,
  • Register 35139: energy that the grid supplies
  • Register 35171: energy that the house uses
  • Register 35137: energy from the solar system (PV + Battery)

But how make you then the distinction between the power from the battery and the power from the PV. I already looked at different registers, but I get values from which I can not tell what they are. I have also different modules from Smappee to measure the power of different appliances and circuits. But, unfortunaltly it can not measure the battery, since it is DC.