This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

does knxlib.ping('1.1.0') require TP1 connection?
Hello

I seem to be totally talent free when it comes to scripting. I've used the following code to check the existence of the IP/TP couplers . But get all 'falses' as a result in the log, when in fact only one of them is offline, 1.4.0. I must add that my LM is connected to the bus through IP. Does it require the TP1 bus connection? I get no errors, just false results.

Code:
result1 = knxlib.ping('1.1.0')

sleep(3)
result2 = knxlib.ping('1.2.0')

sleep(3)
result3 = knxlib.ping('1.3.0')

sleep(3)
result4 = knxlib.ping('1.4.0')

log(result1,result2,result3,result4)

the results:
* arg: 1
  * bool: false
* arg: 2
* arg: 3
* arg: 4

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!
Martin
Yes this works only via TP.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(12.08.2020, 11:02)Daniel. Wrote: Yes this works only via TP.
thanks Daniel! I have disconnected the TP1 Bus because the moment I connect it I get tons of telegram repeats and the bus collapses, though I have formerly not scripted anything.
You can disable KNX IP, or change multicast.
Ctrl+F5
(12.08.2020, 11:05)Daniel. Wrote: You can disable KNX IP, or change multicast.
I don't think I understand. I use KNX IP Routing because TP1 causes telegram repeats. I also use a slightly different Multicast IP, one that's used throughout the installation, of course.

Or are you saying I could use an IP tunnel?

I'm guessing that you have another IP router on the TP and this is why you had the repeats. When multicast is different on both routers then they will not see telegrams on IP from each other and you will have no repeats.
Ctrl+F5
yes, the 4 line couplers are all IP on the main line. If I now change the multicast address of the PM I wouldn't be able to visualize the data points, group addresses. It would be like an independed network.
ok then you need it on IP only.
Ctrl+F5
thanks Daniel, I solve two problems now. I activated the TP1 connection and turned off the IP feature. Now I get the correct status from the couplers and have no added repeats on the bus. They could've mentioned this in the manual.

Thanks a lot!!