This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Zumtobel DALI sensor
Hello,
We have 45 ZumtobelĀ ED-SENS (Art. no. 22154506) sensors left, after the investor decided they don't want DALI lights on their site and everything was converted to classic on/off. I'm afraid the sensor is not standard DALI, as in the datasheet the first thing they say is this:

Quote:The sensor is intended for use in the DALI-based LITECOM, LUXMATE DIMLITE and LUXMATE LITENET system. It does not work with other systems.

So, is it possible to use them on LM?

Thanks
Technically LM can send/receive any DALI messages. But if these sensors have their own exchange protocol you need to know the data format in order to use it. You can connect LM to the DALI bus and monitor the traffic. You might need a Zumtobel controller in case the sensors can only provide data reading on request.

Note that for two-way DALI communication you should use either external CANx-DALI gateway or the latest LM5 KNX CANx DALI device.
(31.08.2020, 11:31)admin Wrote: Technically LM can send/receive any DALI messages. But if these sensors have their own exchange protocol you need to know the data format in order to use it. You can connect LM to the DALI bus and monitor the traffic. You might need a Zumtobel controller in case the sensors can only provide data reading on request.

Note that for two-way DALI communication you should use either external CANx-DALI gateway or the latest LM5 KNX CANx DALI device.

Thanks,

I was hoping that someone worked with them before, or you have tested them. I'll see if I can get answers from Zumtobel, but they are usually not very cooperative Sad