This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Does object.tagcache changed in new firmware version?
Does object.tagcache changed in new firmware version? Before object.tagcache had values separated by " ", but now as I see it has values separated by ", "? Am I right?

From which version? Could I check LM firmware version in script?
Done is better than perfect
As far as i know it has always been a comma separated value..
(29.08.2020, 07:39)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: As far as i know it has always been a comma separated value..

I mean in db not on the webbrowser view, in old firmware from 2016 object.tagcache for sure was separated by " " and cannot have space in it. But from which firmware and I need to know if it is possible to check firmware version from script.

If you have some old backup then you can see this.
You should not use tagcache anyway. It's main purpose is for display in the object list. If you are manipulating tags table directly then you should update tagcache by joining object tags using ", "
(31.08.2020, 06:38)admin Wrote: You should not use tagcache anyway. It's main purpose is for display in the object list. If you are manipulating tags table directly then you should update tagcache by joining object tags using ", "

I must using it to properly sync objects between different LMs. So is this separator changed recently? And how can I check in script what is the firmware version (when I want support backward compatibilty)?
You should query objecttags table directly and compare the results. Separator has not changed recently but it might be a bug in a older version if you get space instead of comma.
Ok, thank you admin, you have sure that it is not necessary to check also tagcache. And what about checking firmware version from script?
Code:
version = io.readfile('/lib/genohm-scada/version'):trim()
Thanks