This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Home Assistant (HASS) integration
Hi,

I am having a smart home open source server with many other integrations configured and running on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4GB of RAM memory.
The whole solution is based on the Open Source server solution called Home Assistant. Has anyone tried it? Logic Machine is officially supporting it? 

Regards,
Andreas
(18.09.2020, 16:32)andeug Wrote: Hi,

I am having a smart home open source server with many other integrations configured and running on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 4GB of RAM memory.
The whole solution is based on the Open Source server solution called Home Assistant. Has anyone tried it? Logic Machine is officially supporting it? 

Regards,
Andreas

How do you see support LM in HA?
HA has KNX driver, you can use it to communicate with LM. What else do you need?
You can set KNX/IP integration in HA, but then you have to manually describe all objects and controls. I've tried it for fun, but haven't found a good reason to keep using it, also had some reliability issues syncing objects.
(23.09.2020, 16:12)myg Wrote: You can set KNX/IP integration in HA, but then you have to manually describe all objects and controls. I've tried it for fun, but haven't found a good reason to keep using it, also had some reliability issues syncing objects.

For me it's just for playing around and to see what I am getting into HASS, as I am relying mainly on the KNX push-buttons and the sensors that are connected to the LM4.
probably the only potential benefit of HA is a bit nicer vis, than mosaic, i'd be interested in learning about long-term stability of such integration
I have been looking at home assistant because it is possible to integrate with Tibber, an electrical company here in Norway. With Tibber you can have a sensor in Home assistant that monitors the current electric price. This can be used to turn off warm water production in my bosch heat pump during higher priced periods.

The heat regulation in my house is controlled by knx switches with builtin thermostats. This can be controlled by home assistant although it is a lot of work to manually program every switch in HA. The heat pump runs freely and will meet the demand from the valves being open or closed.

However the KNX switch has comfort and economy mode and it should be relatively simple to switch between the two from HA. Scenes and things is better to do from Mosaic I have found out.

For the time being I have been able to read from KNX, but I havent been able to write back. Not sure if I have to do something in Reactor to do this?

So this is the path for heating: Tibber -> HA -> Reactor -> Bosch

for warm water: Tibber -> HA -> Bosch

I can also do Tibber -> HA -> Smartthings -> devices on zigbee