This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM Sync app
Hi,

Can anyone give some help on LM Sync application? In latest FW, when taking backup and then try to restore I get the following error.

What does "enums" field stand for?

Are "custom values", "log" & "export" selection of objects exported with this app?

Is there any way to manually modify objects of the exported file and then import it again?

I believe that an option to export objects (and all of their properties) as an ".csv" file and then import them again would be great as when working with large projects where changes are made in ets file it is way too difficult to keep up in LM (especially when changes in visualization parameters and custom values are taking place...).

Thank you in advance!
This alert means that your backup files hasn't tags section in json. This is latest app issue. It will be fixed in next week.

Enums means predefined names for specific object values which you have in "Custom values".

In my opinion JSON is much more convienient than csv because it supports much more complex data structures like objects and arrays and it is much more easier to manually edit.
Done is better than perfect
(27.09.2020, 16:19)buuuudzik Wrote: This alert means that your backup files hasn't tags section in json. This is latest app issue. It will be fixed in next week.

Enums means predefined names for specific object values which you have in "Custom values".

In my opinion JSON is much more convienient than csv because it supports much more complex data structures like objects and arrays and it is much more easier to manually edit.

You are right,

First, I tried to open file with plain editor (Notepad++) and didn' t understand anything... However, I made a simpler example and things are more clear now...

Do you know if there is a way to extract information in a readable manner. I was thinking about Power Query (Excel). Otherwise how it is easy to edit manually?

Also, do you know if there is any documentation for this app?

Thanks!
For JSON e.g. use VS Code with formatter.
Done is better than perfect