This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Touch visu status update issue
Hi,

For the last FW, in the attached video I have binary object (set for main and status object) which status is set to not respond to main object's commands. If status is changed manually, graphic shows correct state. However, if graphic element is used in visu environment then in order for the graphic status to update correctly it is necessary to "align" first to the main's object state.

Is it a bug or is the way touch visu is set? I there any way around this issue?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApPVtjvdHVa6hIMcetZz...?e=ck4vqv+

Thanks in advance!
Control changes state only when status object is changed, but in your case status object value remains the same. If your status object does not represent real object value then don't use it at all.
(29.09.2020, 10:53)admin Wrote: Control changes state only when status object is changed, but in your case status object value remains the same. If your status object does not represent real object value then don't use it at all.

Hi,

Actually, there are some real cases. Suppose, we have a PLC communicating through Modbus TCP. The main object would energize a power relay (through PLC's output) and from the relay itself we would get the status (through PLC's input). If the relay would not respond for any reason (selector switch, damaged e.t.c.) status would not be sent. This way in visu we would get ON indication instead of OFF state which is normal as long as we did not receive a reply.

However, we could request the state of PLC's after a small delay (we would get value OFF) and then Touch visu would show ON state incorrectly.

P.S. How, is it possible to request the state of some variable through script (as long as LM only updates values on change)? Actually, how to perform a modbus read function which would update LM objects' value?

Thanks!
The icon in the visualization represents the status object value.
If you are using modbus mapper then read commands are set periodically.
(29.09.2020, 12:15)admin Wrote: The icon in the visualization represents the status object value.
If you are using modbus mapper then read commands are set periodically.

Truly, visualization represents status of object. Excuse me if I don't understand. Isn't the case I described an "issue".  We send "on command" (through visu), receive status of the object ("value off" through Modbus) but visualization does not update (shows "status on")... It is exactly the case of the previously attached video.
You are describing a very rare case. The normal behavior is that status object follows control object value. If you want to have a more visible status then create a separate read-only element and do not use status object for control element.