This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus TCP 2.0 - Without any adress?
Hello,

I'm trying to hookup a Modbus slave, that is Modbus TCP 2.0 compatible.
It isn't possible to set the modbus adress on the device, and according to the manufacturer it isn't needed.

Here is a example code for "home assistant" from the manufacturer;

Quote:modbus:
  name: H60
  type: tcp
  host: 194.4.4.151
  port: 502

How do I handle this type of configuration with LM2/HomeLynk? I can't leave the modbus adress blank when creating a device.

I'm running version: Version: 20170620

EDIT: As for now I have set the adress to "0" and worte a simple JSON for 1 register.
But the LM isn't returning values for me.
The devices are on the same LAN, I can ping the slave from the LM.

Quote:"manufacturer": "Mani Cheraghi",
  "description": "IVT greenline HT+ C9 - REGO637E",
  "timeout": 5,
  "mapping": [
{ "name": "Radiator return GT1", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 1, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "units": "C" }

]
}

EDIT 2: I also have a ModBus RTU device over RS485.. Just checking, is it possible to run both RTU and TCP in the same time?
I'm feeling a bit stupid now.
I didn't realize that I have to map to a KNX adress before values pop up, anyway..
Tried mapping and it works now.
Assigned adress 0
I have another question about how Modbus TCP works. Is the connection between LM and slave always established or does the LM, connect-->Poll-->disconnect-->polling intervall-->connect.... and so on?
Because my TCP slave says there is no connection to a master, but the LM manages to read out from it.

The supplier of modbus slave says to connection normally stays connected.
Default behavior is connect-read/write-disconnect. In newer firmware there's an option to keep the TCP connection open between read/write operations. It is needed by some slave devices that have a limited connection pool.