This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Create and monitor geofences
Hi, friends!
Is any idea how to create a control of entering Android phone specific area (let's say home area) and to get it in KNX as logic value?
Thank you!!!
Hi,

it is solved already with Microtik Wi-Fi router. You can find it here on forum. Also some other options possible with Microtik - as example possible start up Open VPN server and organize remote access to LM over it..

BR,

Alexander
Do you mean presence control over Wi-Fi connection? I would prefer something with gps coordinates. Something like IFTTT has a scripts activated with entering of the area.
I've tested IFTT ~1,5 years ago and it wasn't enough reliable on both Android and iOs. From time to time smartphone changed source of coordinates from GPS to WiFi and in one minute you are in one place, in next minute you are 2km away. Another thing that also in case when positioning uses GPS it wasn't enogh realtime and for example you drove back home and IFTT sent you notification after e.g. ~1 minute.

Geofence could be helpful if:
- based on real GPS sender which is dedicated for this and cannot be limited e.g. by energy optimization,
- its data should be send to LM or other server over https,
- should have possibility to send its position at least 15s (can also check geofence but with some timestamp so when you cross geofence while you haven't internet then it wouldn't open your gate later when connection return).

I've prepared a few years ago some example of geolocalization based on Traccar:
https://openrb.com/geolocalization-with-...ar-service

Geofence could be created on top of geolocalization. But Traccar is not ideal because it probably until today doesn't have HTTPS. But its client app can be connected directly to LM and it has all necessary options.
Done is better than perfect
If you have a mikrotik router you can get WiFi registration table from it via a script. This way you can check whether a certain device is in WiFi range or not.
(19.10.2020, 11:07)admin Wrote: If you have a mikrotik router you can get WiFi registration table from it via a script. This way you can check whether a certain device is in WiFi range or not.
Does router shows if device is in WiFi range even if device is not wifi connected?
Do you mean that the device is outside the range or in sleep mode?
(19.10.2020, 12:22)admin Wrote: Do you mean that the device is outside the range or in sleep mode?
I believe that phone can get list of the available wifi devices, even it is not connected. But other way I believe it can't work(( So if phone will be in a sleep mode wifi can get disconnected, and I can't get real presence info.
You should add a timeout function for when the device becomes disconnected. For most devices wifi should wake up periodically otherwise push-messages wouldn't work.