This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trends/Storage limitation
I know that from a few years there is a memory limitation and this is not possible to have too many trends. Earlier I had LM LB and on it I had >400 trends with 5min resolution and 2 years of full resolution data.

Unfortunately it is not possible to repair it because it is not supported but current LMs are really too limited in this subject. Yesterday I've tried add few trends to LM5 Reactor IO V2 (i.MX6) and with same setting I can save only 13 trends and I have 88% disk used. I see that probably trends are storaged on /dev/mtdblock0 which have only 20MB. I know that this storage is probably very safe and reliable but I think good direction would be to add to Trend storage destination because some not so important trends could be storaged on /dev/mmcblk0p3 where is 3.2GB free space

For me currently still there is a lack of something like LM Load Balancer. Sometimes I must divide functions between different LMs like in case trends which is bad because then it is not possible to freely comparing different trends but only trends from one LM. Same with scripts. Theoretically it is possible to divide e.g. systems between different LMs e.g. HVAC, Blinds etc. but practically then you must send unnecessary telegrams to the bus to stay synced in both ways and code is unnecessarily splitted.
Done is better than perfect
If you have a lot of trends to log then you should look into an external tool like Grafana/InfluxDB.
(23.10.2020, 06:52)admin Wrote: If you have a lot of trends to log then you should look into an external tool like Grafana/InfluxDB.

I know that always I can use external device or software, but LM is very good at this and then I cannot use Trends on visu.

This is not a lot of data, and for sure it will work in LM but it should have more space. 20MB is very, very small. And >3GB is unnecessarily empty when I can backup (and I cyclically do backup of all trends) trends and not worry about problem with SD card lifetime.
Done is better than perfect
(23.10.2020, 06:52)admin Wrote: If you have a lot of trends to log then you should look into an external tool like Grafana/InfluxDB.

Hi Admin,
only to be sure. When memory trend is full, last data overwrite the first data?
Thanks.
BR
Each trend log file allocates the required space for all data based on specified settings when created. Data is written in a circular way, when the trend is full then new data will overwrite oldest data.